Tuesday and Thursday
Singapore Polytechnic, Dover Road, T1A54 (Teaching Block 1A, Level 5, Room 4)
Click here to download map
What is this course about?
To examine candidates on PPCDL Theory.
Anyone interested in handling a Powered Pleasure Craft.
Assumed Skills and Knowledge
- Must be 16 years of age
- Have successfully completed an approved course on the handling of a powered pleasure craft, at any of the PPCDL Centres approved by MPA.
- Must have passed the colour vision test and is not physically handicapped.
30 Multiple Choice Questions based on PPCDL syllabus.
Mode of Assessment
Please note that the test is conducted electronically and would be for one hour. The passing mark for the test is 26 out of a maximum of 30. There will be 30 questions where each correct answer earns one mark.
Please be present on time at the test date and venue. Candidates will not be allowed to take the test if they are more than 15 minutes late. If you missed the test date, you would be required to register and pay for the fess for the next test. Should you be late for the test, there would not be any added time given.
Please bring the following documents on the test date:
1) Identification card with photo (e.g. NRIC or Passport)
2) Original copy of PPCDL Certificate
3) Medical Report Form (Click here to download Medical Report Form)
failing which, you would not be allowed to proceed with the test.
At the end of the test, candidates will print out the result slip. You will need to bring the "PASSED" result slip for the Handling Assessment.
Examination Fees: $40 (without GST)
50% subsidy for Singapore Citizens & Permanent Residents. This will offset at the Payment Page.
Singapore Citizens/Permanent Residents:$20 (without GST)
Foreigners:$40 (without GST)
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
Withdrawal and Deferment
1. Deferment is only permitted based on Medical Reasons and National Mobilisation with supporting documents.
2. Withdrawal/Cancellation is NOT allowed.
3. Booking Fees is Non-Refundable.
The Singapore Polytechnic reserves the right to cancel or postpone any of the courses. Applicants will be duly notified and where applicable, the full fees will be refunded.
The Singapore Polytechnic also reserves the right to amend the fees charged or the period and duration of the courses.
* PACE Academy course schedules, course trainer, course fees and course availability are subject to change without prior notice.
Registration Closing Date:
*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
Date of course:
Please click on "Register Here" to see the dates.
Applicants may apply for the Examination with the available schedule online.
1) Fill up the electronic form.
2) Once completed, click on the “Submit” button.
3) You will receive online acknowledgement that you have successfully registered and paid for the exam.
4) Confirmed Registration is based on a first-come first-served basis, upon full payment of the exam fees.
Applicants who have successfully registered and paid for the exam will received a “Registration Confirmation” email within 1 day. Please ensure email address is correct.
Applicants will also receive a reminder email 1 week before the exam date.
Singapore Polytechnic, its governors, officers, agents and employees shall not be liable for any loss, damages and/or injury, including loss of life, which participants of our Courses may suffer arising out of or in connection with our Courses, whether the loss, damage and/or injury was suffered on any of Singapore Polytechnic's premises or at any other venue(s) in connection with our Courses.