30 Jun to 1 Jul 2022
31 Mar 2022 to 10 Jun 2022
16 hours / 2 days
9:00am to 6:00pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F) and Practical Training
One of the key challenges faced today in Internet of Things (IoT) implementation is not the lack of solutions in the market, but how to implement them conveniently and cost-effectively, yet maintaining a robust and secured solution suitable for the industrial environment. This course looks at “Condition Monitoring” as an application example on an actual line, with a more hands-on experiential approach to show how modern industry processes are sensed, connected and monitored with IoT devices, and how data are managed and visualised easily with just a few steps.
This course equips participants with a fundamental knowledge of industrial network, IoT sensors, IoT gateway, dashboard, and condition monitoring. Through the hands-on sections, participants will be able to do IoT sensors selection and connection, IoT gateway installation and configuration, dashboard design and setup, and implement condition monitoring on industrial process.
By the end of the Course, participants will be able to:
1. Recognise IoT sensors, IoT gateway and industrial networking
2. Connect, install and configure IoT gateway
3. Explain typical IoT communication protocols, data acquisition architecture, data telemetry and data storage
4. Design dashboard to interpret and visualise process data, and send notification alerts
5. Propose and implement user case applications for condition monitoring in their own industry
Engineer, Assistant / Associate Engineer
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Possess a Diploma / Institute of Technical Education (ITE) Qualification or participants with related experience or working in engineering or IT environment.
Participant need to bring their own notebook/laptop to class. Notebooks/laptops are required to change the PC IP Address and to access USB flashdrive for external software installation. Recommended not to use Company’s laptop where some restrictions might apply.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.