11 - 12 Dec 2019
21 Nov - 01 Dec 2019
16 hours / 2 days
8:30am to 5:30pm
Mode of Training:
Singapore Polytechnic, AE404
Drones are a part of Singapore Smart Nation strategy. The Singapore Government believes that drones can and are playing a transformative role in the world in fields such as urban infrastructure management, farming, public safety and disaster response. Drones are a lower cost alternative to a manned aircraft and can reduce risks to human life. There is an increasing trend in Singapore on the operations of drones for work to improve productivities and efficiency.
To fly a drone in Singapore for commercial activities, the drone operator needs a CAAS operator permit and also a certified CAAS UAS pilot for the type of drone to be used in operation. Currently, DJI Phantom 4 Pro is the most popular and widely used drone in the industry.
This course aims to train the participants to fly DJI Phantom 4 Pro and equip them with the knowledge on how to prepare the CAAS Operator Permit documentations for submission to CAAS.
Introduction to DJI Phantom 4 Pro
- Overview of aircraft, remote controller, camera and gimbal, DJI Go 4 App, flight and battery management
Flying an Unmanned Aircraft in Singapore
- Emergency procedures and flight checks during operations of UAS
- Maintenance plan to be performed on UA
- Rules and regulations of flying Unmanned Aircraft in Singapore
- How to apply for CAAS Operator Permit and Activity Permit
- Preparation of Risk Assessment form
Flying on flight simulator
- To fly quadcopter type of UA in mode 2 and be able to clear 10 obstacle challenges
- Those who have passed the flight simulator phase will proceed to fly a small indoor quadcopter
Flying of small indoor quadcopter
- Able to demonstrate competency in navigating and controlling the quadcopter in an indoor environment
- Those who have passed the small indoor quadcopter phase will proceed to fly the DJI Phantom 4 Pro
Flying of DJI Phantom 4 Pro
- Able to demonstrate competency in navigating and controlling the quadcopter in an outdoor environment such as SP Sports Complex/Multi-Purpose Field/Hangar
Each participant will also receive a complimentary drone “Eachine E010 Mini 2.4G 4CH 6 Axis Headless Mode RC Drone Quadcopter RTF” worth more than $20 at the end of the course!
Anyone who is interested to fly drones.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
• Able to understand English
• Reasonable dexterity with eyes-hands coordination
• Suitable for all levels of educational, skills, literacy, numeracy, and experience
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.