|Course Date||Registration Period||Mode of Training||Status|
|06 to 07 Dec 2021||13 Sep to 20 Nov 2021||Facilitated Learning (Online Synchronous)||Ongoing|
| || || || |
9:00am to 5:30pm
The course covers “physical computing” (how to write code which interact with sensors & actuators), visualisation (using “Matplotlib”), data analysis (using “Numpy”), and sending sensors data to cloud (using “Requests”).
In other words, participants will learn a wide range of Python topics and be exposed to a good collection of powerful Python libraries.
This course equips participants with Python programming skills to develop useful IoT (Internet of Things) applications.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Set up a Python programming environment
• Describe the Python syntax rules
• Use Python to monitor common sensors and control common actuators (used in IoT applications)
• Use Python to collect sensor data (used in IoT applications), store it locally, plot it as graph, and perform data analysis
• Use Python to upload sensor data to cloud and to send notification (in typical IoT applications)
Topics to be covered
1. Setting up the Python programming environment in a single board computer
2. Python basics
3. Physical computing using Python
4. Sensor data collection, storage, visualisation & simple analytics using Python
5. Sensor data upload
to cloud & notification using Python
6. Assessments (Quizzes)
Engineers/Senior Technicians/ Engineering Managers
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic computer skills and some experience in any programming language.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
|Applicants/Eligibility||Total fees (incl. GST)|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1||$72.60|
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40||$192.60|
|Singapore Permanent Residents||$192.60|
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents2||$72.60|
|Full Course Fee||$642.00|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance
to offset respective course fees.1Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information of the scheme, click here. To view SP's list of similar funded courses, click
here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.2Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.