|Course Date||Registration Period||Mode of Training||Status|
|6 to 9 December 2021||6 Sept to 29 Nov 2021|
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
*Registration will be closed once we have reached the maximum class size.
8:30am to 5:30pm
Singapore Polytechnic / ARTC
This course is created in collaboration with ROS-Industrial Asia Pacific Consortium that is promoting the next generation of robotic products and solutions, supporting the robotics industry and community in Asia Pacific with workshops, events and training
related to ROS.
The course provides participants with the state-of-art skills required to setup a ROS platform and configure various functions of the ROS. They will have hands-on experience in using Linux (Ubuntu) and the advanced ROS platform. Besides that, participants
are exposed to an extensive use of practical exercises. They will also learn how to integrate the ROS platform into an industrial robot application & the various concepts of robotics such as perception, manipulation and path planning. Upon course
completion, the participants will be equipped with the skills to integrate these technologies through the ROS platform.
Course’s Learning Outcomes:
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Integrate various robotics technologies through ROS
• Develop a complex robotics system in ROS
• Deploy the ROS system with physical robots
Topics to be covered
A. SETUP PC
1. Setup PC
B. LINUX FUNDAMENTALS
1. Introduction to Ubuntu GUI
2. The Linux File System
3. The Linux Terminal
4. Altering Files
5. Job Management
C. ROS CONCEPTS and FUNDAMENTALS
3. Launch Files
D. WORKCELL SETUP AND CONFIGURATION
1. Introduction to URDF
2. Workcell XACRO
3. Transforms using TF
4. Build a MoveIt! Package
5. Motion Planning using RViz
E. DESCARTES AND PERCEPTION
1. Motion Planning using C++
2. Introduction to Descartes
3. Introduction to Perception
F. PATH PLANNING AND BUILDING A PERCEPTION PIPELINE
1. Implementation of pipeline connecting perception with motion planning
2. Concepts using Cartesian and STOMP-based path planning
3. Simulation of pipeline in RViz
of pipeline using physical robot cell
Robotics Software Engineer, Robotics Engineer, Systems/Process Engineer, Technical Manager, Technical Lead
*Participants are required to bring own laptop
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
• Programming skills – C++
• Basic knowledge and operation of Linux OS
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.