Intake 4 : 24 Aug 2020 to 27 Aug 2020
01 Aug to 19 Aug 2020
32 hours / 4 days
8:30am to 5:30pm
Mode of Training:
This course is created in collaboration with ROS-Industrial Asia Pacific Consortium that is promoting the next generation of robotic products and solutions, supporting the robotics industry and community in Asia Pacific with workshops, events and training related to ROS.
The course provides participants with the state-of-art skills required to setup a ROS platform and configure various functions of the ROS. They will have hands-on experience in using Linux (Ubuntu) and the advanced ROS platform. Besides that, participants are exposed to an extensive use of practical exercises. They will also learn how to integrate the ROS platform into an industrial robot application & the various concepts of robotics such as perception, manipulation and path planning. Upon course completion, the participants will be equipped with the skills to integrate these technologies through the ROS platform.
Course’s Learning Outcomes:
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Integrate various robotics technologies through ROS
• Develop a complex robotics system in ROS
• Deploy the ROS system with physical robots
A. SETUP PC
1. Setup PC
B. LINUX FUNDAMENTALS
1. Introduction to Ubuntu GUI
2. The Linux File System
3. The Linux Terminal
4. Altering Files
5. Job Management
C. ROS CONCEPTS and FUNDAMENTALS
3. Launch Files
D. WORKCELL SETUP AND CONFIGURATION
1. Introduction to URDF
2. Workcell XACRO
3. Transforms using TF
4. Build a MoveIt! Package
5. Motion Planning using RViz
E. DESCARTES AND PERCEPTION
1. Motion Planning using C++
2. Introduction to Descartes
3. Introduction to Perception
F. PATH PLANNING AND BUILDING A PERCEPTION PIPELINE
1. Implementation of pipeline connecting perception with motion planning
2. Concepts using Cartesian and STOMP-based path planning
3. Simulation of pipeline in RViz
4. Validation of pipeline using physical robot cell
Robotics Software Engineer, Robotics Engineer, Systems/Process Engineer, Technical Manager, Technical Lead
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
• Programming skills – C++
• Basic knowledge and operation of Linux OS
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required
details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.