14 to 16 Mar 2022
6 Dec 2021 to 21 Feb 2022
*Online registration will be closed once we have reached the maximum class size.
24 hours / 3 days
9:00am to 6:00pm
Mode of Training:
This short course is to allow the participants to appreciate structural analysis with commercial (ANSYS) Finite Element Analysis (FEA) software for solving engineering problems with practical session to enhance the learning outcome. In addition, simulation training with lab practical testing session are not common in other training providers. This lab practical session will be conducted and is linked to the analysis simulation.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Explain the principles of Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
2. Apply the FEA using commercial ANSYS FEA software to solve structural problems
Introduction to FEA
• Geometry preparation
• Pre-processing, Structural analysis, Post-processing
• Best practices and FEA industries applications
• Module 1: CAD Modelling
Workshop 1.1: CAD Modelling Basic using SpaceClaim
Workshop 1.2: Sketching in SpaceClaim
• Module 2: Introduction to Mechanical
Workshop 2.1: Mechanical Basics
• Module 3: Preprocessing
Workshop 3.1: 2D Gear and Rack Analysis
• Module 4: Static Structural Analysis
Workshop 4.1: Linear structural analysis
• Module 5: Postprocessing, Validation, CAD, and Parameters.
Workshop 5.1: Mesh Evaluation
Workshop 5.2: Parameter management
Workshop for FEA Case Study with Hands-on Practical Measurement Session
• Case study 1 Workshop: 3-point bending of beam
• Case study 2 Workshop: Short column bending
• Case study 3 Workshop: Torsional stress
• Case study 4 Workshop: Contact spring force
• Case study 1 Validation Test Measurement: 3-point bending of beam
• Case study 2 Validation Test Measurement: Short column bending
• Case study 3 Validation Test Measurement: Torsional stress
• Case study 4 Validation Test Measurement: Contact spring force
• Correlation of test results to FEA results
Using FEA for Thermal & Modal Analysis
• Module 6: Mesh Control
Workshop 6.1: Mesh Creation
• Module 7: Thermal
Workshop 7: Thermal Analysis of a Pump Housing
• Module 8: Modal
Workshop 8.1: Modal Analysis of a Machine Frame
• Introduction to Non-Linear
• Introduction to Dynamics
Designers, Engineers, Engineering/Technical Manager
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Diploma in Engineering with computer-aided design (CAD) experience
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Full Fees (before GST): $2,400.00
GST payable for all funding-eligible applicants*: $50.40
GST payable for others: $168.00
|Applicants/Eligibility||SkillsFuture Funding||Subsidised Fee (after GST)|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1||$ 2,160.00||$290.40 |
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40||$1,680.00 ||$770.40|
|Singapore Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders||$1,680.00 ||$770.40|
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders2||$2,160.00||$290.40 |
|Others (Full fees payable)||$0.00||$2,568.00 |
*As per SSG’s policy, the GST payable is calculated based on 7% of the baseline funding subsidy of 70%
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
2 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information of the scheme, click here. To view SP’s list of similar funded courses, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.