30 May to 31 May 2022
6 Apr 2022 to 4 May 2022
*Registration will be closed once we have reached the maximum class size
16 hours / 2 days
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
This short course is to let participants understand the finite element method for solving engineering problems (i.e., vibration). The use of commercial software (ANSYS) will be used to demonstrate the various vibrations as well as to validate the vibration measurements. To obtain the vibration measurements, some practical vibration measurement techniques will be taught and this is usually not provided by external simulation software training.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Explain the principles of Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
2. Apply the FEA using commercial FEA software to solve vibration problems
3. Describe the use of vibration equipment and tools to perform vibration measurement
Introduction to FEA for vibration analysis
• Basic theory of vibration and its application
• Damping controls
• Modal analysis
• Harmonic analysis
• Workshop 1: Modal analysis workshop
• Workshop 2: Damped modal analysis
• Workshop 3: Harmonic analysis
Practical session on vibration measurement
• Practical testing 1: Spring mass vibration
• Practical testing 2: Vibration shaker
• Practical testing 3: Measurement of vibration using impact testing
• Workshop on Spring mass system (Modal)
• Workshop on shaker test (Harmonic)
• Workshop on Impact testing (Harmonic/Time domain)
Designers, Engineers, Engineering/Technical Manager
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Diploma in Engineering with computer-aided design (CAD) experience
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Full Fees (before GST): $1,600.00
GST payable for all funding-eligible applicants*: $33.60
GST payable for others: $112.00
|Applicants/Eligibility||SkillsFuture Funding||Subsidised Fee (after GST)|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1||$1,440.00||$193.60|
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40||$1,120.00 ||$513.60|
|Singapore Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders||$1,120.00 ||$513.60|
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders2||$1,440.00||$193.60|
|Others (Full fees payable)||$0.00||$1,712.00|
*As per SSG’s policy, the GST payable is calculated based on 7% of the baseline funding subsidy of 70%
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
2 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information of the scheme, click here. To view SP’s list of similar funded courses, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.