8.30am to 5.30pm
For Course Specific details:
Capt Peter Lee,
Phone: 6879 0414
This course provides students with knowledge and skills in maritime communications and the ability to operate a maritime mobile communication station as required for all Sea Areas. The proper use of communication equipment on board ship is emphasized via hands-on simulation.
IMO Model Course 1.25(2015). The training will include (amongst others):
• Statutory framework of the Maritime Mobile Service
• Identification of Radio Stations
• Service Publications
• GMDSS Components
• Other Systems used on board
• Search and Rescue operation
• Role and method of use of ship reporting systems
• Miscellaneous skills and operational procedures for general communications
Our IDA approved GMDSS GOC course has been designed for officers in charge of a radio communication on board ships and other persons with radio communication responsibilities.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Candidates must be at least 18 years of age, medically fit, have basic computer skills, a good working knowledge of English (written & spoken), have no serious impediment of speech, hearing or sight, normal colour vision, and preferably 6 months of sea-service.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Satisfactory completion of the course and the exam leads to the issue of a GMDSS General Operator's Certificate of Competency (for all Sea Areas) issued by the Infocomm Authority of Singapore (IDA).GOC-ROC New application to IMDA
|Applicants/Eligibility||Total fees (incl. GST)|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1||$254.10|
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40||$674.10|
|Singapore Permanent Residents||$674.10|
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents2||$254.10|
|Full Course Fee||$2,247.00|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance
to offset respective course fees.1Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here. 2 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information of the scheme, click here. To view SP’s list of similar funded courses, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.