1:00pm to 5:00pm (Friday)
The number of Singaporeans aged 65 and above is projected to double to 900,000 by 2030. That means 1 in 4 Singaporeans will be in that age group, up from 1 in 8 today. With the rapid increase of people aged 65 and above in Singapore, there are significant opportunities for the food industry to look into the older demographic population for product insights and to develop products to meet their nutritional needs. An adequate dietary intake is one of the key factors in maintaining good health and quality of life for the silver age group.
Subject matter experts from FIRC, BASF, Mintel and Tetra Pak will share the latest trends, technical application know-how in overcoming formulation challenges. Science-based health solutions will also be presented as a springboard for strategic innovation discussions and partnerships.
• Global food & drink trends 2018
- Trend and Innovation Consultant, South East Asia, Mintel Group Pte Ltd)
• Meeting the nutritional needs of silver age
(Ms Carolyn Stephen
- Nutritionist, Food Innovation & Resource Centre)
• Application of health ingredients in food and beverage product
(Mr Thomas Zimmermann
- Regional Vice Director, Technical & Application Management, BASF Human Nutrition Asia Pacific)
• Opportunities in dairy alternative beverages
(Mr Hemang Dholakia
- Product Development Centre Manager, Tetra Pack South East Asia Pte Ltd)
• Hands on – Beverage
• Q&A and feedback
• Lab tour (BASF)
Food manufacturers, food technologists, R&D personnels are welcome.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
The workshop will be conducted in English. Hence basic English proficiency is required.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.