6 months (PT), 120 hours
Monday to Sunday
(Subject to change)
8am to 11am
12pm to 6pm
(Subject to change)
What is this course about?
This course is specially designed to impart refraction skills to opticians with no previous experience in refraction.
Course Entry Requirements
Applicants must possess:
- Certificate of Performance in ACOPOD issued by Singapore Polytechnic ONLY
- Must be employed as a FULL-TIME staff by an optical outlet in Singapore.
- Most suitable registrant will be selected on a 1st come 1st served basis.
- Applicants who do not meet the entry requirement will not be accepted into the course.
- PACE deserves the rights to drop participants from the course for any submission of inaccurate or false declaration.
This course is designed to impart refraction skills to opticians who have successfully completed the Advance Certificate of Performance in Ophthalmic Dispensing.
The course duration is 6 months, delivered part-time with One-the-Job-Training assignments.
It will include modules such as vision and visual acuity, objective and subjective refraction techniques, near additions for presbyopes and hands-on refraction practice.
1. Vision and visual acuity
2. Objective and subjective refraction techniques
3. Near additions for presbyopes
4. Hands-on refraction practice
5. OJT (On-the-Job-Training Assignments)
Mode of Assessment
Participants are required to pass assigned practical tests, written tests and fulfilled required assignments.
Participants are required to sit for examination at the end of the course.
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Date of Course:
To be advice
To be advice
* Participants registering for ACOPOD must be available throughout the course of study.
* Participants are required to meet 75% attendance rate in order to be eligible to sit for the required examination.
* Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
How To Apply
Please read the application procedure before proceeding to fill in the online application form.
1) Click here to download the ACOPODR Declaration Form
2) Complete the declaration form and prepare the scanned copy of your ACOPOD certificate and Letter of Employment to be uploaded during your registration.
3) Proceed with your online registration.
•Applications without the required documents or incomplete information will not be processed and will be rejected.
•Successful applicants will be notified via email to come for enrolment and make payment (NETS or cheque)
•The Original documents will be required for verification during the enrolment exercise.
1) Application is through online only.
2) Please note that the following supporting documents (scanned copies) are to be uploaded during online application.
- A copy of ACOPOD Certificate of Performance issued by Singapore Polytechnic.
- Letter of current employment
- Completed declaration form with the required supporting documents.
3) Original documents are required for verification during the enrolment exercise.
4) Successful applicants will be notified via email to come for enrolment and make payment (NETS or cheque).
5) Confirmed enrolment is based on a first-come, first-served basis, upon full payment of the course fee. Registration does not guarantee enrolment in the course.
6) Complete applications will be processed within 3-4 weeks and you will be notified on the application outcome status via email.
Singapore Polytechnic, its governors, officers, agents and employees shall not be liable for any loss, damages and/or injury, including loss of life, which participants of our Courses may suffer arising out of or in connection with our Courses, whether the loss, damage and/or injury was suffered on any of Singapore Polytechnic's premises or at any other venue(s) in connection with our Courses.
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS
(Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment
, you can pay at:
Singapore PolytechnicPACE Academy
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.