120 hours / 6 months (PT)
8:00am to 11:00am
12:00pm to 6:00pm
Monday to Sunday, (Subject to change)
This course is specially designed to impart refraction skills to opticians with no previous experience in refraction.
This course is designed to impart refraction skills to opticians who have successfully completed the Advance Certificate of Performance in Ophthalmic Dispensing.
The course duration is 6 months, delivered part-time with One-the-Job-Training assignments.
It will include modules such as vision and visual acuity, objective and subjective refraction techniques, near additions for presbyopes and hands-on refraction
1. Vision and visual acuity
2. Objective and subjective refraction techniques
3. Near additions for presbyopes
4. Hands-on refraction practice
5. OJT (On-the-Job-Training Assignments)
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Applicants must possess:
1. Certificate of Performance in ACOPOD issued by Singapore Polytechnic ONLY
2. Must be employed as a FULL-TIME staff by an optical outlet in Singapore.
1. Most suitable registrant will be selected on a 1st come 1st served basis.
2. Applicants who do not meet the entry requirement will not be accepted into the course.
3. PACE reserves the right to withdraw or reject applicant for any false declaration submitted.
Mode of Assessment
Participants are required to pass assigned practical tests, written tests and fulfilled required assignments.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
||Total fees (incl. GST)
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40
|Singapore Permanent Residents
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents2
|Full Course Fee
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance
to offset respective course fees.1Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information of the scheme, click here. To view SP's list of similar funded courses, click
here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.2Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.