60 hours / 7.5 day
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
In the Precision Engineering industry, there is a strong need to produce parts meeting all specifications. Very often, setups are required on different machines to complete a precision part. Failure to understand the effect of cumulative tolerances leads to rejects. This course provides participants the insight into allocation of tolerances should different setups are required. Multi-axis machining is also introduced as an alternative to produce precision parts minimizing the use of expensive fixtures. This will be most suitable for low volume high mix manufacturing environment.
This course aims to provide participants with an integral approach to parts and components machining. Topics include job planning, work holding, tool selection and advanced machining processes. Participants will also be provided with an introduction on multi-axis machine operations.
To provide participants with a working knowledge in advanced machining (5-axis) operations and dimensional tolerances analysis.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Import part models into CAM system
• Extract surfaces and create entities to support machining processes
• Apply suitable parameters on CNC machining processes
• Develop appropriate sequence of operations to produce precision parts
• Address the necessary workpiece setup required to meet GD&T specifications
• Analyse part tolerance and its allocation to the respective machining processes
• Create machining operations on parts with advanced surfaces
• Create machining operations on Multi-axis machines for precision components
• NC Part Programming and Work Holding on CNC machines
• Tolerances Analysis
• Achieving GD & T specifications
• Multi-Axis Machining operations
• Advanced Surface Machining Processes
Associate Engineer/Assistant Engineer
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Participants should have relevant experience in CNC machining & CAD/CAM Technology.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.