60 hours / 7.5 day
Mode of Training:
In the Precision Engineering industry, there is a strong need to produce parts meeting all specifications. Very often, setups are required on different machines to complete a precision part. Failure to understand the effect of cumulative tolerances leads to rejects. This course provides participants the insight into allocation of tolerances should different setups are required. Multi-axis machining is also introduced as an alternative to produce precision parts minimizing the use of expensive fixtures. This will be most suitable for low volume high mix manufacturing environment.
This course aims to provide participants with an integral approach to parts and components machining. Topics include job planning, work holding, tool selection and advanced machining processes. Participants will also be provided with an introduction on multi-axis machine operations.
To provide participants with a working knowledge in advanced machining (5-axis) operations and dimensional tolerances analysis.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Import part models into CAM system
• Extract surfaces and create entities to support machining processes
• Apply suitable parameters on CNC machining processes
• Develop appropriate sequence of operations to produce precision parts
• Address the necessary workpiece setup required to meet GD&T specifications
• Analyse part tolerance and its allocation to the respective machining processes
• Create machining operations on parts with advanced surfaces
• Create machining operations on Multi-axis machines for precision components
• NC Part Programming and Work Holding on CNC machines
• Tolerances Analysis
• Achieving GD & T specifications
• Multi-Axis Machining operations
• Advanced Surface Machining Processes
Associate Engineer/Assistant Engineer
Minimum Entry Requirement / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Participants should have relevant experience in CNC machining & CAD/CAM Technology.
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above||3Aged 35 and above, and earn ≤ $2,000 per month|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
3 Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required
details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.