14 March 2022 to 23 March 2022
26 Oct 2021 to 15 Feb 2022
60 hours / 8 days
8.30am to 5.30pm
For Course Specific details:
Capt Agus Kassim
To provide training at an advanced level for management level officers such as Masters, Chief Engineer Officers, Chief Mates, Second Engineer Officers and any person onboard oil tankers who have immediate responsibility for the loading, discharging, care in transit and/or handling of the oil cargo.
The course meets the requirements under 2010 Manila Amendments to STCW convention Chapter V, Regulation V, as applicable for oil tanksers.
The training will include (amongst others):
• Performing and monitoring all oil tanker cargo operations
• Familiarity with physical and chemical properties of oil cargoes
• Taking precaution to prevent hazards from oil cargo, applying occupational health and safety precautions
• Responding to emergencies on oil tankers
• Precautions to prevent the environmental pollution from oil tankers
• Monitoring and controlling compliance with legislative requirements
• Compliance with MARPOL Annex I regulations
CoC3 / CoC5 holders
Any personnel wishing to understand and broaden their knowledge regarding handling of oil cargo operations
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
The participant should:
1. be at least 18 years of age;
2. have satisfactorily completed an approved Basic Tanker Training Course, OR have had at least 3 months sea service on board any type of tanker;
3. have a good working knowledge of the English Language (spoken or written).
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• For candidates who meets minimum entry criteria, STCW Certificate will be issued upon successful completion of the course.
• For candidates who do not meet minimum entry criteria, Certificate of Attendance will be issued.
The possession of an Advanced Tanker Safety Certificate (appropriate for the type of tanker the participant is likely to serve on) is one of the requirements for the issue of an appropriate Dangerous Cargo Endorsement (s) under the Singapore Merchant Shipping (Deck Officers) and (Marine Engineer Officers) Regulations.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.