7 hours / 1 day
9:00am to 5:00pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
This course is to enhance Educators’ knowledge in quantitative analysis, salient and effective research methods and tools as they groom Leaders of the next generation. It seeks to address topics in quantitative research like prediction of students’ test score, study of how effective new implements has been and as well, how to determine scales and measurements for psychometric analysis. This course also equipped Educators with the necessary skills and knowledge on how to distil factors affecting students’ results and how to improve upon them.
Conducted in an interactive and engaging way, topped with real life case studies by highly experienced Trainer, this course seeks to equip attendees with the relevant training and knowledge.
After attending this course, Educators will be able to:
• Apply basic statistics and quantitative research methods in their research work,
• Conduct research and be equipped to perform different types of quantitative data analysis taught during the course.
• Interpret and explain statistical outputs and be able to apply it into their field of research.
• Introduction to Statistics
• Types of variables and classification
• Descriptive and inferential statistics: How do I describe my data and information?
• Introduction to quantitative data analysis
• Overview on quantitative and qualitative data analysis
• Quantitative research techniques and tools:
• Independent sample T-test
• 1-Way ANOVA model
• Test and 1-Way Analysis of variance: How can I determine the differences in the scores amongst different segments of student population?
• Applications of education analytics
• Hands-on session and case studies
There is no course pre-requisite for this introductory course.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Participants should ideally possess a tertiary qualification and be generally comfortable with programming, quantitative discussions, applications and working with models and algorithms.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.