19 - 20 December 2019
21 Oct to 01 Dec 2019
16 hours / 2 days
8.30am to 5.30pm
Mode of Training:
This course is developed in accordance to the Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ) requirements which are in line with the guidelines set out by the WSH Council on “Workplace Safety and Health Guidelines in Event Management”.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Explain the WSH framework relevant to events
• Specify the relevant WSH applicable legal and other requirements to be complied with for establishing the RM plan
• Discuss the roles and responsibilities of the principal, occupiers, employers and employees
• Form a Risk Management (RM) and Risk Assessment (RA) team
• Analyse routine and non-routine activities for events
• Conduct Risk Assessment for events
• Apply the appropriate methods to identify WSH hazards and impacts for events
• Assess the risks in terms of severity and likelihood
• Manage the risk assessment records used in risk assessment
• Introduction to the WSH framework
• Roles and responsibilities of principal, occupiers, employers and employees
• Types of hazards/How to implement control measures to mitigate risks
• Risk management definitions
• Understanding the WSH (Risk Management) Regulations Understanding the Code of Practice for Risk Management
• Briefing on how to fill up a RA form
• Conduct a Risk assessment given a case study
• Presentation of risk assessment results to the class
• Introduction to enhanced Risk management
• How to evaluate risks on health hazards? How does it affect the role of the human resource manager?
• Individual Assessment (Open book)
Operation Executive, Event Managers, Venue Operators, WSHOs.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
• Possess ES Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Level 4 or Secondary 2 education
• Have completed ES WSH or equivalent and/or
• Hold a WSH related appointment
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
• 16 SDU points will be awarded.
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above||3Aged 35 and above, and earn ≤ $2,000 per month|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
3 Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:PACE Academy
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.