9:00am to 6:00pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
This course covers the skills and knowledge required to apply continuous proves improvement techniques in the workplaces. Participants will also learn how to evaluate and implement different improvement techniques to carry out such processes and how to monitor and follow-through with the implementation.
The objective of the course is to enable participants to apply continuous process improvement techniques based on a set of competency elements, which include identifying improvement opportunities; carry out continuous improvement activities; follow through improvement activities.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Identify improvement goals to be achieved at work area with appropriate person
• Apply appropriate continuous process improvement techniques to collect data related to the improvement goals to be achieved
• Use appropriate communication modes to contribute ideas and suggestions to the continuous improvement work team
• Determine the timeframes, tasks, responsibilities and resources required to achieve the improvement goals identified
• Make action plan to carry out the proposed improvement activities in accordance with organisational procedures
• Obtain approval to carry out the proposed improvement activities in accordance with organisational procedures
• Communicate with team members on the performance indicators expected from the improvement activities
• Carry out the approved improvement activities in accordance with the action plan
• Take corrective action against issues arising during implementation of improvement activities in accordance with organisational procedures
• Use appropriate methods to track the progress of improvement activities
• Measure the result of improvement against the expected performance indicators
• Take corrective action against any unmet goal in accordance with organisational procedures
• Report and record the outcomes of improvement activities in accordance with organisational procedures
Topics to be covered
1 Identify improvement opportunities
• Purpose of continuous improvement work team
• Types of improvement goals
• Types and Applications of Continuous Process Improvement Techniques
• Plan-Do-Check-Act Cycle (PDCA), Quality Circles (QC) and Problem-Solving Cycle, Brainstorming, Pareto diagram, Cause-and-effect diagram, Check sheet, Data stratification, Flowchart, Control/Run charts, 5W1H, Milestone chart.
2 Carry out continuous improvement activities
• Innovative leaps and breakthroughs in continuous improvement culture
• verbal, non-verbal and written communication and its relevance in the workplace.
• types of performance indicators:
- Management indicators
- Quality indicators
- Safety, health and environment indicators
• Process or line improvement
• Machine maintenance efficiency
3 Follow-through the improvement activities
• Explain that the reason to follow-through improvement activities implemented is to evaluate results on a continuous basis.
• Explain the key actions to be applied to track and measure improvement activities progress
• Chart or graph the project plan for a visible reminder
• Discuss all assignments in conjunction with written action items to ensure understanding and commitment
• Explain in detail the steps in taking corrective action against unmet goals by using the example in the learner guide about deviation between targeted and actual goals.
The Programme is specially designed for individuals to acquire knowledge and skills to work in fast-pace yet resilient industry which continued to grow despite pandemic and economic downturn.
Industry and Career Options
• Process Engineer/Technician
• Quality Control Chemist/Microbiologist/Laboratory Technician
• Quality Assurance Executive
• Process Development Engineer/Technician
• Facility & Utilities Support Engineer/Technician
• Automation Engineer
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
NITEC/Higher NITEC/Diploma/Degree from any disciplines
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed. You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is a new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.