9:00am to 6:00pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
The course covers knowledge of identifying process occupational health and safety hazards to ensure safe operation in the process plant. Participants will also be able to perform risk assessment in a process environment as required by the health and safety regulations. In addition, participants will understand and apply management aspects of occupational health and safety for day-to-day operations in the workplace.
The purpose of the course is to enable participants to apply safety in process plant based on a set of competency elements, which include identify Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) Hazards in a Process Plant; Assess the Risks in a Process Plant; Contribute to Occupational, Health & Safety (OHS) Management.
By the end of the Course, participants will be able to:
• Select a method of identifying hazards
• Identify and record hazards associated with workplace and activities
• Identify and record unsafe work conditions
• Record and report hazards using risk assessment format
• Assess level of risk based on severity and likelihood
• Prioritise unacceptable risks
• Prepare risk assessment report
• Interpret employees’ rights under OHS regulations
• Select appropriate control measures for risk assessment
• Suggest measures to minimize hazards in line with company OHS procedures
Topics to be covered
1. Identify Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) Hazards in a Process Plant
• Define hazard
• Identify common hazards in work area
• Identify common hazards during work activity
• Identify unsafe working conditions and work practices
• Apply different hazard observation techniques
• Select appropriate methods of identifying hazards
2. Assess the Risks in a Process Plant
• Define risk and risk assessment theory
• Understand the roles and duties for health and safety as defined by specific legislation
• Identify resources required for risk assessment
• Identify information sources for risk assessment
• Apply procedures for risk assessment
• Assess the hazards that causes serious harm
• Determine hazards that should be eliminated or minimised
• Assess the level of risk based on severity and likelihood
3. Contribute to Occupational, Health & Safety (OHS) Management Issues
• Access and interpret OHS information within the workplace
• Understand the hierarchy of control
• Understand the need for controlling and monitoring the risk
• Apply appropriate control methods from risk assessment procedures
• Participate in the review of control measures
• Control risks when following work activities and procedures
The course is specially designed for individuals to acquire knowledge and skills to be job ready to join the biopharmaceutical industry.
Industry and Career Options (not meant to be exhaustive)
• Process Engineer/Technician
• Quality Control Chemist/Microbiologist/Laboratory Technician
• Quality Assurance Executive
• Process Development Engineer/Technician
• Facility & Utilities Support Engineer/Technician
• Automation Engineer
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Individuals with at least a NITEC/Higher NITEC/Diploma/Degree from any disciplines
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Full Fees (before GST): $1,200.00
GST payable for all funding-eligible applicants*: $25.20
GST payable for others: $84.00
|Applicants/Eligibility||SkillsFuture Funding||Subsidised Fee (after GST)|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1||$1,080.00||$145.20|
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40||$840.00||$385.20|
|Singapore Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders||$840.00||$385.20|
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders2||$1,080.00||$145.20|
|Others (Full fees payable)||$0.00||$1,284.00|
*As per SSG’s policy, the GST payable is calculated based on 7% of the baseline funding subsidy of 70%
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
2 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information of the scheme, click here. To view SP’s list of similar funded courses, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed. You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is a new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.