7 hours / 1 day
9am to 5pm
Mode of Training:
This course aims to provide participants with an insight of the latest trends and applications in the robotics technology by introducing foundation and practical knowledge on key topics of robotic systems. The course introduces to the participants different methods and technologies to control robotic systems. Participants will learn to be effective in the design of controllers for robotic systems. The course offers a practical point of view into how to design systems that close the perception-process-action loop applied to industry and service domains.
This topic focuses on the technical and design aspects of autonomous mobile robots.
· Explain selection of sensors and actuators in robot design
· Explain the considerations for a robot controller in robot design
· Evaluate types of mobile robots according to applications
· Explain simple behaviours of autonomous mobile robots
· Describe the principles of reactive based robotics
· Explain the application of reactive robotics to mobile robots
- Understand the application of vision on robotic system
The course aims to reach a target audience of Engineers/Technicians or anyone who is keen to understand the design and implementation of automation, computer vision and robotic applications.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic computer skills.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above||3Aged 35 and above, and earn ≤ $2,000 per month|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.3 Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
*Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.