9.00am to 6.00pm
Poly Marina, 50 West Coast Ferry Road
This course is designed for Harbour Craft Masters, Engine Drivers and crew on basic maintenance of the main engine and auxiliary systems onboard harbour crafts.
By the end of the course, learners will be able to:
1. Identify the different types of engines.
2. Perform essential engine maintenance.
3. Perform Testing of the electric systems.
4. Monitor and check the operational conditions of the bilge system.
5. Carry out trouble shooting of common faults of the engine, electrical and bilge systems.
6. Respond to common emergencies onboard.
Topics to be covered
1. Introduction to types of main engines
2. Engine Maintenance
3. Electrical Maintenance
4. Bilge Maintenance
5. Trouble shooting
7. Practical onboard a boat
Masters, Engine Drivers and crew working onboard harbour crafts.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
• Able to understand, converse, read and write in basic English
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.