Course Details (Classroom Based)
This course aims to enable candidates to develop an understanding of the basic principles underlying the recording of business transactions, the ability to maintain the books and prepare final accounts for sole traders. This includes the record of receipt and payment of CASH.
Learn the Book of prime entry such as purchases, sales, return inwards, return outwards and the journal. Methods of payment and receipt such as cheques, standing orders, credit transfers, direct debits Bank reconciliation TRADE and cash discounts – essential differences and how these are recorded Petty-cash book and the imprest system The ledger and its various entries.
The distinction between personal, real and nominal accounts Capital expenditure and revenue expenditure, Fixed and current assets, Adjusting for Accruals and Prepayments in the Final Accounts, Depreciation of Fixed Assets, Provision for bad and doubtful debts, Opening and closing stock for trading accounting purposes, Receipts and payment accounts, income and expenditure accounts, Trading and profit & Loss accounts, Balance sheet, Payroll
Anyone who work or wants to work in areas of business that will involve the recording of financial transactions
- The Accounting Equation and The Balance Sheet
- Double-Entry System for Assets, Liabilities and Capital
- Recording Double Entry for Stock
- Double Entry System for Recording Expenses
- Balancing Accounts and Trial Balance
- Trading and Profit And Loss Account- An Introduction
- Balance Sheet
- Final Accounts with Adjustments
- Bank Facilities
- Cash Book
- Petty Cash Imprest System
- Bank Reconciliation Statement
- Capital and Revenue Expenditure
- Final Accounts - Control Accounts
- Final Accounts and Adjustments
- Accounting for Payroll
Minimum Entry Requirements
No minimum entry requirements.
Account access validity period
3 Months from the date of registration
LCCI Examination dates for 2018
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Participants who have completed the full content of the course will be issued a Course Certificate. In addition, those who have successfully passed the examination will be issued with LCCI Certificate in Book-keeping Level 1.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.