Learn the Book of prime entry such as purchases, sales, return inwards, return outwards and the journal. Methods of payment and receipt such as cheques, standing orders, credit transfers, direct debits Bank reconciliation TRADE and cash discounts – essential differences and how these are recorded Petty-cash book and the imprest system The ledger and its various entries.
The distinction between personal, real and nominal accounts Capital expenditure and revenue expenditure, Fixed and current assets, Adjusting for Accruals and Prepayments in the Final Accounts, Depreciation of Fixed Assets, Provision for bad and doubtful debts, Opening and closing stock for trading accounting purposes, Receipts and payment accounts, income and expenditure accounts, Trading and profit & Loss accounts, Balance sheet, Payroll
This course aims to enable candidates to develop an understanding of the basic principles underlying the recording of business transactions, the ability to maintain the books and prepare final accounts for sole traders. This includes the record of receipt and payment of CASH.
• The Accounting Equation and The Balance Sheet
• Double-Entry System for Assets, Liabilities and Capital
• Recording Double Entry for Stock
• Double Entry System for Recording Expenses
• Balancing Accounts and Trial Balance
• Trading and Profit And Loss Account- An Introduction
• Balance Sheet
• Final Accounts with Adjustments
• Bank Facilities
• Cash Book
• Petty Cash Imprest System
• Bank Reconciliation Statement
• Capital and Revenue Expenditure
• Final Accounts - Control Accounts
• Final Accounts and Adjustments
• Accounting for Payroll
Anyone who work or wants to work in areas of business that will involve the recording of financial transactions
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
No minimum entry requirements.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Participants who have completed the full content of the course will be issued a Course Certificate. In addition, those who have successfully passed the examination will be issued with LCCI Certificate in Book-keeping Level 1.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.