16 hours / 2 days
8:30am to 5:30pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F) and Practical Training
The course introduces participants the fundamentals of the low-code application development and its Graphical User Interface tools and Drag-and-Drop features for mobile application development in a quick and easy way.
A low-code development platform uses visual interfaces with simple logic and drag-and-drop features, reusable components, instead of traditional coding languages. These intuitive tools allow users with no formal knowledge of coding or software development to create applications for many purposes like mobile apps and business apps.
The course objective is to introduce participants a low-code development platform, basic development process and lifecycle, use cases and its benefits. Participants will understand the basics of building an app, such as building pages from scratch, setting up data structure with domain model, creating custom logic using the microflows and the use of visual interface tools and features. There would be hands-on sessions with a low-code development platform (Mendix) to build a simple business mobile application while applying the knowledge and skills learnt.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe a low-code development platform, basic development process and lifecycle
- Explain the benefits with low-code app development from use cases
- Explain the basics of building an app using low-code development platform
- Building an app from scratch using visual tools
- Setup data structure using domain models
- Create custom logic using the microflows to express the logic of the application
- Build a low-code business mobile app and deploy it on a mobile device
Topics to be covered
1. Introduction to low-code development platform (Mendix)
- Basic Development Processes and Lifecycle
- Introduction to Mendix Learning Paths and
- Use Cases and Benefits
- Getting started with Mendix Studio
2. Introduction to visual tools, features and automation processes
- Introduction to automation processes
- Building an app from scratch
- Setting up data structure using domain models
- Quiz 1
3. Data validation, consistency, microflows and securing an app
- Data validation and consistency
- Creating a custom logic using the microflows
- Securing an app
4. Building a low-code business mobile app (Guided) and deploy an app on the mobile device (Mini-Project)
- Quiz 2
Multimedia Programmer/Software Engineer/Mobile Application Developer
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic Computer Literacy in Software and Programming
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.