8 hours / 3 days
9am to 6pm
Mode of Training:
The content is highly geared towards the industry-specific application of PDPA, and GDPR for businesses. This course will be of interest to hotel chain operators who deal with sensitive personal data of their customers. Guiding the participants in thinking through and filling up the data inventory map in this course allows various business functions to better understand and document how their customers’ personal data are being handled throughout the life cycle.
This course equips participants with the knowledge on PDPA (Personal Data Protection Act) and an overview of the EU-GDPR (European Union-General Data Protection Regulation) and how it applies to their businesses. Participants will be able to relate the EU-PDPA and GDPR requirements to their business operations, be it front-office or back-office. They will also be able to confidently and comprehensively perform data inventory mapping for their various business functions and safeguard sensitive data.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Explain the obligations under the PDPA and know the difference between PDPA and GDPR as well as apply them in the context of hotel operations in general.
• Create a data inventory map for personal data that are processed by their departments according to the template stipulated by the organisation. This will in turn help them to institutionalise good data management practices with the twin objectives of achieving sustained growth in their customer base and offering innovative services.
1. Overview of PDPA & GDPR
2. Industry application of PDPA & GDPR
3. Data Inventory mapping exercise
Hotel Executives, Managers, Data Protection Officers
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic Proficiency in English.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above|
|(incl. GST)||(incl. GST)||(incl. GST)||(incl. GST)|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here.
Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required
details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.