8 hours / 3 days
9:00am to 6:00pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
The content is highly geared towards the industry-specific application of PDPA, and GDPR for businesses. This course will be of interest to hotel chain operators who deal with sensitive personal data of their customers. Guiding the participants in thinking through and filling up the data inventory map in this course allows various business functions to better understand and document how their customers’ personal data are being handled throughout the life cycle.
This course equips participants with the knowledge on PDPA (Personal Data Protection Act) and an overview of the EU-GDPR (European Union-General Data Protection Regulation) and how it applies to their businesses. Participants will be able to relate the EU-PDPA and GDPR requirements to their business operations, be it front-office or back-office. They will also be able to confidently and comprehensively perform data inventory mapping for their various business functions and safeguard sensitive data.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Explain the obligations under the PDPA and know the difference between PDPA and GDPR as well as apply them in the context of hotel operations in general.
• Create a data inventory map for personal data that are processed by their departments according to the template stipulated by the organisation. This will in turn help them to institutionalise good data management practices with the twin objectives of achieving sustained growth in their customer base and offering innovative services.
Topics to be covered
1. Overview of PDPA & GDPR
2. Industry application of PDPA & GDPR
3. Data Inventory mapping exercise
Hotel Executives, Managers, Data Protection Officers
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic Proficiency in English.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.