16 hours / 2 day
9:00am to 6:00pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F) and Facilitated Learning (Online Synchronous)
This course covers two BIM software, namely Autodesk REVIT and Exactal CostX. The former is an Authoring Tool and the latter is a Data Extraction software. This will equip participants to toggle between two unique BIM environments, so that they can work seamlessly with both Contract, Quantity Surveyor (QS) and Modelling Team in any building project scenario. The laboratory learning is focused on software learning, thus enabling deeper software application.
This course equips participants with BIM software skills to extract data for costing, quantity taking-off and project management.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Extract BIM Data for Quantity Take-off
2. Extract BIM Data for Costing and Project Management
Topics to be covered
1. Introduction and Navigation [REVIT]
2. Create View, Dimensioning and Annotation [REVIT]
3. Extract Quantity and Info from REVIT [generate schedule using parameters and formulae] [REVIT]
4. Export to dwf and Publish to pdf [REVIT]
5. Introduction to CostX [CostX]
6. User Interface & 3D Drawing Files Overview [CostX]
7. Measurement Techniques Overview [CostX]
8. Unit of measurements [UOM] for Object Dimensions/ Dimension Group [CostX]
9. Object Mode Measurement [CostX]
10. BIM Import Template [Costx]
11. Revisions [CostX]
12. Generating a Workbook [CostX]
13. Version Comparisons [CostX]
14. Model Mapping [parameters mapping] [CostX]
Quantity Surveyor/Contract Manager/Project Manager/Cluster Manager/Statistician.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Applicants shall be a graduate of a relevant Architectural, Landscape Architectural, Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering and Quanity Surveying or related diploma, with prior Computer-aided design (CAD) software knowledge, from any of the Institutes of Higher Learning (IHLs) in Singapore.
Applicants with other equivalent qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.