40 hours / 5 days
9:00am to 6:00pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F) and Practical Training
The course emphasizes on the practical application of the skills needed to maintain and ensure security operational readiness of secured network systems.
It prepares participants for the CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) Certification Exam CCNA Cyber Security Operations.
The aim of this course is to introduce the core security concepts and skills needed to monitor, detect, analyse and respond to cybercrimes, insider threats, advanced persistent threats, regulatory requirements, and other cybersecurity issues facing organisations.
Course Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Install virtual machines to create a safe environment for implementing and analysing cybersecurity threat events
• Explain the role of the Cybersecurity Operations Analyst in the enterprise
• Explain the Windows Operating System features and characteristics needed to support cybersecurity analyses
• Explain the features and characteristics of the Linux Operating System
• Analyse the operation of network protocols and services
• Explain the operation of the network infrastructure
• Classify the various types of network attacks
• Use network monitoring tools to identify attacks against network protocols and services
• Use various methods to prevent malicious access to computer networks, hosts, and data
• Explain the impacts of cryptography on network security monitoring
• Explain how to investigate endpoint vulnerabilities and attacks
• Evaluate network security alerts
• Analyse network intrusion data to identify compromised hosts and vulnerabilities
• Apply incident response models to manage network security incidents
Topics to be covered
a. Cybersecurity and the Security Operations Centre
b. Operating Systems, Network Protocols and Services, and Infrastructure Security
c. Network Attacks
d. Network Protection and Endpoint Security
e. Security Monitoring, Intrusion Analysis and Incident Response
Job roles that require knowledge of cybersecurity technologies and principles:
• IT Professionals
• Network and System Engineer
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
• PC and Internet navigation skills
• Basic Networking concepts
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.