40 hours / 5 days
9am to 6pm
Mode of Training:
The course emphasizes on the practical application of the skills needed to maintain and ensure security operational readiness of secured network systems.
It prepares participants for the CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) Certification Exam CCNA Cyber Security Operations.
The aim of this course is to introduce the core security concepts and skills needed to monitor, detect, analyse and respond to cybercrimes, insider threats, advanced persistent threats, regulatory requirements, and other cybersecurity issues facing organisations.
Course Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Install virtual machines to create a safe environment for implementing and analysing cybersecurity threat events
• Explain the role of the Cybersecurity Operations Analyst in the enterprise
• Explain the Windows Operating System features and characteristics needed to support cybersecurity analyses
• Explain the features and characteristics of the Linux Operating System
• Analyse the operation of network protocols and services
• Explain the operation of the network infrastructure
• Classify the various types of network attacks
• Use network monitoring tools to identify attacks against network protocols and services
• Use various methods to prevent malicious access to computer networks, hosts, and data
• Explain the impacts of cryptography on network security monitoring
• Explain how to investigate endpoint vulnerabilities and attacks
• Evaluate network security alerts
• Analyse network intrusion data to identify compromised hosts and vulnerabilities
• Apply incident response models to manage network security incidents
|Topic||No. of Hours|
|A. Cybersecurity and the Security Operations Centre||2|
|B. Operating Systems, Network Protocols and Services, and Infrastructure Security||10|
|C. Network Attacks||8|
|D. Network Protection and Endpoint Security||10|
|E. Security Monitoring, Intrusion Analysis and Incident Response||8|
Breakdown of Duration of Modes of Delivery
|Modes of Delivery||No. of Hours|
|On-the-Job Training (OJT)|| |
|Others (Please specify)|| |
Job roles that require knowledge of cybersecurity technologies and principles:
• IT Professionals
• Network and System Engineer
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
• PC and Internet navigation skills
• Basic Networking concepts
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME
” together with your online application.
2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required
details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.