24 hours / 3 days
9am to 6pm
Mode of Training:
The .Net framework has increased in popularity because of its open source nature, interoperability, and language independence, library of codes and ease of deployment. It has become the preferred choice of application developers. However, there are not many training programmes that addresses secure application development. This course aims to address the pertinent issues as highlighted above. While .Net developers often learn security on the job, primarily because the basic education of programming does not usually cover or emphasize security concerns, the Certified Application Security Engineer (CASE) course trains these developers to place importance on security. For most organisations within the Cyber Security, Financial and Healthcare Industries, software and applications determine their success. However, expedition, duplication, and penny-pinching often take centre stage with security consideration taking a backseat or is not present at all. An insecure or vulnerable application places these businesses at risk.
CASE.NET encompasses security activities involved in all phases of the Secure-Software Development Lifecycle. This course aims to equip participants with the ability to develop secure coding standards that are based on industry accepted best practices. Participants will be able to create a software source code review process that is a part of the development cycles while rating the severity of defects and publishing comprehensive reports. The course enables participants to capture security requirements of an application in development and make it holistic.
• Understanding Application Security, Threats, and Attacks
• Security Requirement Gathering
• Secure Application Design and Architecture
• Secure Coding Practices for Input Validation
• Secure Coding Practices for Authentication and Authorisation
• Secure Coding Practices for Cryptography
• Secure Coding Practices for Session Management
• Secure Coding Practices for Error Handling
• Static and Dynamic Application Security Testing (SAST & DAST)
• Secure Deployment and Maintenance
Junior Application Security Engineers, .NET Developers, Analysts, Junior Web Developers, Software Developers, Software Testers, Project Managers and Cyber Security Professionals.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Participants must be familiar with .NET Development with 2 years’ of experience.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
*Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.