24 hours / 3 days
9:00am to 6:00pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
ECSP-Java is a comprehensive course that provides hands-on training covering Java security features, policies, strengths, and weaknesses. It helps developers understand how to write secure and robust Java applications.
It also provides advanced knowledge in various aspects of secure Java development that can effectively prevent hostile and buggy code.
The benefits of secure Java coding practices include saving valuable effort, money, time, and possibly the reputation of organizations using Javacoded applications.
• Java security principles and secure coding practices
• Java Security Platform, Sandbox, JVM, Class loading, Bytecode verifier, Security Manager, security policies, and Java Security Framework
• Secure Software Development Lifecycle, threat modelling, software security frameworks, and secure software architectures
• Best practices and standards and guidelines for secure file input/output and serialization
• Java input validation techniques, validation errors, and best practices
• Java exceptions, erroneous behaviors, and the best practices to handle or avoid them
• Secure authentication and authorization processes
• Java Authentication and Authorization Service (JAAS), its architecture, Pluggable Authentication Module (PAM) Framework, and access permissions through Java Security Model
• Secure Java concurrency and session management that includes Java Memory Model, Java Thread Implementation methods, secure coding practices, and guidelines for handling threads, race conditions, and deadlocks
• Core security coding practices of Java Cryptography that includes Encryption, Key Generator, implementation of Cipher Class, Digital Signatures, Secret Keys, and Key Management
• Various Java application vulnerabilities such as Cross-Site Scripting (XSS), Cross Site Request Forgery (CSRF), Directory Traversal vulnerability, HTTP Response Splitting attack, Parameter Manipulation, Injection Attacks and their countermeasures
• Coding testing and review techniques and practices
The ECSP certification is intended for programmers who are responsible for designing and building secure Windows/Web based applications with Java. It is designed for developers who have Java development skills.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Participants should be familiar with Java development and programming.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
The ECSP Java exam will be conducted on the last day of training. Students need to pass the exam to receive the ECSP certification from EC Council
Mode of Assessment
Students need to pass the exam which will be conducted on the last day of training.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.