14 hours / 2 days
9:00am to 5:00pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
According to MTI’s forecast announced at the Industry Transformation Map (“ITM”) for Energy and Chemicals Industry, chemical and its related industry in Singapore will play an increasingly significant role in the Energy & Chemicals industry.
These growth development will affect companies, therefore it is critical that the employees are adequately trained to prevent toxic, hazardous and poisonous incidents from occurring.
This course is designed to assist companies to;
1. Increase and improve their capability development
2. Mitigate risk
3. Invest in Human Capital (through safety training)
4. Ensuring environmental, health and safety protocols are adhered.
The objectives of the course is to build up companies Chemical and Workplace Safety & Health (WSH) capabilities and to reduce occupational diseases, injuries and fatalities from potential exposure to hazardous specialty chemicals in chemical industry.
Upon completion of this course, the participants/companies will
• Learn a comprehensive skills to be effective dealing with specialty chemicals in workplace
• Benefit from the consultancy service with on-site assessment,
• Guided on how to close the loops on applying best practice dealing with chemical safety in workplace.
1. Understand their roles & responsibilities in handling specialty chemicals
2. Gain best safe work practises for specialty chemical handling
3. Identify chemicals hazards in specialty chemicals at the workplace
4. Interpret Globally Harmonised System (GHS) of classification and labelling of chemicals
5. React appropriately in chemical emergency through learning in demonstration
6. Understand risk dealing with the specialty chemical waste treatment
7. Gain the knowledge for the plant safety and safety engineering briefly
PMETs & Technicians/ Handlers of Chemicals and its related in companies
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic English proficiency & at least a National ITE Certificate (NITEC) or above
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Full Fees (before GST): $470.00
GST payable for all funding-eligible applicants*: $9.87
GST payable for others: $32.90
|Applicants/Eligibility||SkillsFuture Funding||Subsidised Fee (after GST)|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1||$423.00||$56.87|
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40||$329.00||$150.87|
|Singapore Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders||$329.00||$150.87|
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders2||$423.00||$56.87|
|Others (Full fees payable)||$0.00||$502.90|
*As per SSG’s policy, the GST payable is calculated based on 7% of the baseline funding subsidy of 70%
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
2 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information of the scheme, click here. To view SP’s list of similar funded courses, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.