08 May – 09 May 2019
06 Mar - 30 Apr 2019
14 hours / 2 days
9am to 5pm
Mode of Training:
According to MTI’s forecast announced at the Industry Transformation Map (“ITM”) for Energy and Chemicals Industry, chemical and its related industry in Singapore will play an increasingly significant role in the Energy & Chemicals industry.
These growth development will affect companies, therefore it is critical that the employees are adequately trained to prevent toxic, hazardous and poisonous incidents from occurring.
This course is designed to assist companies to;
1. Increase and improve their capability development
2. Mitigate risk
3. Invest in Human Capital (through safety training)
4. Ensuring environmental, health and safety protocols are adhered.
The objectives of the course is to build up companies Chemical and Workplace Safety & Health (WSH) capabilities and to reduce occupational diseases, injuries and fatalities from potential exposure to hazardous specialty chemicals in chemical industry.
Upon completion of this course, the participants/companies will
• Learn a comprehensive skills to be effective dealing with specialty chemicals in workplace
• Benefit from the consultancy service with on-site assessment,
• Guided on how to close the loops on applying best practice dealing with chemical safety in workplace.
1. Understand their roles & responsibilities in handling specialty chemicals
2. Gain best safe work practises for specialty chemical handling
3. Identify chemicals hazards in specialty chemicals at the workplace
4. Interpret Globally Harmonised System (GHS) of classification and labelling of chemicals
5. React appropriately in chemical emergency through learning in demonstration
6. Understand risk dealing with the specialty chemical waste treatment
7. Gain the knowledge for the plant safety and safety engineering briefly
PMETs & Technicians/ Handlers of Chemicals and its related in companies
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic English proficiency & at least a National ITE Certificate (NITEC) or above
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
* Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.