20 hours / 3 days
9:00am to 6:00pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (Online Synchronous)
This course comprises project based learning component where participants will apply the course knowledge in their workplace and submit the project work outcomes for assessment.
At the end of the course, participants will be familiar with risk assessment, risk controls, safety data sheets, safety equipment, safe practices, personal protective equipment and emergency response pertaining to chemical and biological hazards.
By the end of the Course, participants will be able to:
1. Identify chemical / biological hazards, risk assessment, safety equipment, safe practices, personal protective equipment and emergency response
2. Conduct a risk assessment and interpret data sheets
• Production Engineer
• Technical Specialist / Formulation Specialist
• Research & Development (R&D) / Application / Chemist / Product Manager
• Laboratory Technician / Analyst / Supervisor / Engineer
• Chemical Process Technician / Technologist
• Fragrance Evaluator / Manager
• Consumer Sensory Insights Specialist / Manager
• Regulatory Affairs Specialist / Manager
• Associate Researcher / Research Technologist
• Quality Assurance Specialist / Manager
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Polytechnic Diploma / Degree in relevant Science / Engineering discipline or equivalent qualifications.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.