9:00am to 5:00pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
Research results with basic environmentally-friendly formulation know-how from SP’s research laboratories will be taught and imparted to participants to put it to use. SP researchers who are trainers of the course will provide in-company professional advice, such as visiting them in their workplace to provide advice in terms of chemical safety improvement in workplace.
The course aims to equip participants with:
1) Knowledge and skills in chemical management and workplace safety & health (WSH) instilling in them the mindset and best practices to reduce occupational diseases, injuries and fatalities from potential exposure to hazardous chemicals during work.
2) Comprehensive skillset via practical training so that they are effective in dealing with chemical and chemical wastes at their workplace. Additionally, trainer’s team will visit to their workplace to conduct a site assessment and provide advice in term of chemical safety improvement in workplace, for a complete learning and practicum cycle.
3) The ability to adopt a technology from a host of research intellectual property from SP’s research laboratories on green and sustainable solutions, which participants will have the option to adopt one solution with potential for product development, designed for capability development to their company.
By the end of the Course, participants will be able to:
• Describe the roles & responsibilities in handling chemicals
• Apply best safe work practices for chemical handling
• Identify chemicals hazards in chemicals at the workplace
• Interpret classification and labelling of chemicals according to industry norm
• Describe the risks dealing with the chemical waste treatment
• State the legislation and relevant industry codes including acts, regulation, approved code of practices and Singapore standards
• Identify work process and risk management
• Manage and handle chemicals in more efficient methods
• Describe chemical waste management for various industries including:
- Treatment technologies and management practices
- Environmental impact and legislative aspects of chemical wastes from Waste Management and Recycling Association of Singapore (WMRAS)
• Adopt a technology from a host of research intellectual property from SP’s research laboratories on green and sustainable solutions which particiapants will have to select one solution to be tried out in their workplace
• Process technician / safety engineer / engineering manager
• Engineering manager
• Technical service engineer
• Principal chemist
• Waste recycling manager / supervisor
• Waste recovery manager / supervisor
• Waste treatment plant manager
• Environment, health and safety manager
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic English proficiency
Minimally NITEC and above
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.