This course will prepare a candidate for CoC Class1 orals exams and develop competence to take on the responsibility of a Chief Engineer of a ship in accordance with STCW 95 Convention.
1. Marine Engineering at Management Level
2. Electrical, Electronic and Control Engineering at the Management Level
3. Maintenance and Repair at the Management level
4. Controlling the Operation of the Ship and Care for Persons Onboard at the Management Level
5. Monitor and control compliance with legislative requirements
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Mimum Entry Requirements
1. Class 2 Engineer CoC
2. Approved sea-going service on ships powered by main propulsion machinery of 3,000kW propulsion power or more.
3. Eligible to appear for Class1 CoC orals conducted by MPA (For details, please refer MPA website: www.mpa.gov.sg
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.