|Course Date||Registration ||Mode of Training||Course Status|
|15 Sep 22||From 15 June to 25 Aug 22||Facilitated Learning (F2F) ||Ongoing|
7.5 hours / 1 Day
9:00am to 5:30pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
The SS668 consolidates a number of standards and technical references that were being reviewed. Hence, the adoption of the newly launched SS668 series is important in the certification of food manufacturers/suppliers to standards and the maintenance of
cold chain management of chilled and frozen foods.
The course equips participants with the general requirements of cold chain management. They will be familiarised with the major links in the cold chain management starting from the production at the farm, processing, packaging, storage, transportation
and retail. Ultimately, participating company will be ready for inspection and certification.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Compare the current practices and implementations with the requirements of cold chain management stipulated in SS668
2. Apply the certifiable clauses in SS668 and familiarise with the certification process
Topics to be covered
1. Scope of SS668 for chilled and frozen food
2. Organisation responsibilities
3. General cold chain requirements
4. Documentation requirements
5. Operation requirements to maintain cold chain integrity
6. Product and process quality control
7. Provisions for audit and certification
8. Code of practice for chilled and frozen foods
Logistics Innovation and Process Improvement Manager / Business Process Excellence Engineer
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
1. Employee with a diploma or equivalent academy qualification
2. Employee with a minimum of 1 year work experience in a food company who may be responsible for cold chain
3. Employee who work in a logistic company or storage warehouse that handle chilled and/or frozen food products.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
MR TING HENG LUAN
A seafood specialist turned lecturer with diverse backgrounds and work experiences in providing the training of food safety, quality and specification. Familiar with the food safety management aspect
of the food industry and had gained much exposure in local and international food safety and quality audit. Conducted short courses in Cold Chain Management of Chilled Pork, Dairy Products, Fish and Seafood; HACCP Implementation and
Internal Audit; and Food Safety Management System.
• Bachelor of Applied Science in Food Technology
• Darden Restaurants Inc. (Darden Concepts, Inc.)
• Far Ocean Sea Products (Pte) Ltd
• Advanced certificate in training and assessment
• Senior Lecturer in the Diploma in Science and Technology, Singapore Polytechnic
• Member of the Singapore Institute of Food Science and Technology (SIFST)
• Member of the Combined
Cold Chain Singapore Standard (SS)
• Member of the TR49 Cold chain management of frozen fish and seafood
• Member of the SS635 Code of practice for the processing and handling of quick frozen food
• Representative for the ISO TC in New field of technical activity on Cold Chain Logistics (NWIP)
• Chairperson of the work group, Guideline on preparation of ready-to-eat (RTE) raw fish
Technical Expert of Certification Body Accreditation, SAC
• Appointed Associate Adult Educator for SkillsFuture Singapore
Full Fees (before GST): $370.00
GST payable for all funding-eligible applicants*: $7.77
GST payable for others: $25.90
|Applicants/Eligibility||SkillsFuture Funding||Subsidised Fee (after GST)|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1||$333.00||$44.77|
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40||$259.00||$118.77|
|Singapore Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders||$259.00||$118.77|
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders2||$333.00||$44.77|
|Others (Full fees payable)||$0.00||$395.90|
*As per SSG’s policy, the GST payable is calculated based on 7% of the baseline funding subsidy of 70%
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
2 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information of the scheme, click here. To view SP’s list of similar funded courses, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed. You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is a new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.