5 Oct to 21 Oct 2020
24 hours / 6 days
6:30pm to 10:30pm (Mon and Wed)
Mode of Training:
Participants will get to integrate a cobot or even a conventional industrial robot with other components such as a PLC and a safety scanner to form a cobot or robot cell. They will also be able to programme a cobot for vision-guided motion for a wide range of shop floor applications.
This course equips participants with essential knowledge and skills in setting up and programming a cobot cell which includes Omron’s collaborative robot, a vision camera, and other components such as a safety scanner, and an external controller such as a programmable logic controller (PLC).
By the end of the course, participants will be able to: Topics:
• Describe benefits of using cobots, especially with vision cameras
• Create programmes for handling IO (input/output) signals, controlling the gripper, and motion of the cobot
• Create programmes for vision-guided motion of a cobot
• Setup a safety scanner and a vision camera to be used with a cobot
• List industrial robot communication protocols
• Create programmes in the cobot and in an external controller to communicate with each other using an industrial communication protocol
-Introduction to collaborative industrial robots, conventional industrial robots, and their benefits
-Measures to make use of the cobots or robots safe
-Programming the cobot for handling and processing IO signals, controlling the gripper, and generating different types of motion
-Interfacing the cobot with various components such as a gripper, a PLC, and a safety laser scanner
-Robot vision and vision-guided motion
-Pick-and-place of randomly-placed objects using robot vision
-Programming the cobot and an external controller to communicate with each other.
Automation Coordinator, Robot Coordinator, Assistant Engineer, Associate Engineer, Engineer, Senior Engineer, Product Engineer, Product Designer, Shop Floor Supervisors, Shop Floor Technicians.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Possess a diploma or ITE (Institute of Technical Education) qualification in engineering, or have prior experience in working with robotics or precision engineering field, or have previously taken up robotics / automation related courses.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required
details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.