Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F) and Supervised Field Training
This course will facilitate participants to conduct a process improvement analysis. The participants will be able to develop a plan to improve the existing business processes or implement new ones for maximum operational efficiency. This course will help
participants generate transformations ideas and technology roadmaps. Participants will also learn about the various tools/ methodologies that be used for process improvement and measure the outcomes.
This course will facilitate participants to develop process improvement to understand and engage in activities that will have an increased likelihood of success. This will help managements to commit to adopting formal methodologies, setting clear targets
and providing employee training and auditing it at regular intervals to measure the outcomes and re-calibrate the process if required.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Determine and co-relate the business objectives and process bottlenecks.
2. Perform detailed analysis on the current scenario.
3. Identify and Define the problem statements clearly and separately
4. Analyse and prioritise
the process improvements to be implemented
5. Separate the technology improvement related process
6. Identify various tools/ methodologies to be used
7. Develop a plan to improve the existing business process and the related process
8. Identify the new business process where required and the related process improvement tools/methodologies
9. For risk management, identify the related risks and the mitigation plans
10. Identify a team that can audit on the process
improvement that would be implemented
11. Identify the scope and steps for Change Management
Topics to be covered
1. Business objectives and key drivers
2. Detailed analysis on the current scenario.
3. Formulation of problem statements
4. Prioritization of process
improvements to be implemented
5. Focus on technology improvement related processes
6. Process improvement tools and methodologies
7. Develop a plan to improve the existing business process
8. Design the new business process
10. Identify and assessable a team for process audit
11. Identify the scope and steps for Change Management
12. Offsite Mentorship (unpaid)
13. Oral and Project Assessment
Business Heads/Business teams/Process Owners/Senior Managers/Technical specialists/IT specialists/Engineer
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Have at least 2 years of experience in working in business processes
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
||Across his 30+ years of career, Gan Hui Guan is vastly experienced in both manufacturing and retail industry. Serving as the Director for Asia Pacific for over 14 years, he established infrastructure to provide world class
aftersales warranty support to build company brand name, customers’ (enterprise clients) confidence and satisfaction and an edge over the competition to help grow business and market share.
He has a strong track record
of transforming inefficient operations into world class manufacturing facilities with cultural change. Hui Guan also empowers and engages employees to develop and implement innovative manufacturing processes, to improve Quality, Productivity
and hence Profitability.
||Terence Tan is an experienced Oil & Gas professional who has worked in areas of HSE (health, safety and environment), operations, and process engineering in downstream oil and gas. He has held significant leadership positions
in teams consisting 140 members, in both site roles as well as regional roles. His vast experience in Oil & Gas industry allowed him to gain deep technical understanding of the overall business, namely downstream manufacturing, and
synergies with supply, distribution and petrochemicals.
Terence also has a good track record in systems performance improvement, technical investigations and auditing, particularly in safety, process safety and energy areas such as
unit pre-turn around execution assurance. His skills include safe production health checks, asset management system implementation and change impact assessment, design operating window cold eye review and root cause investigations.
Full Fees (before GST): $13,300.00
GST payable for all funding-eligible applicants*: $279.30
GST payable for others: $931.00
|Applicants/Eligibility||SkillsFuture Funding||Subsidised Fee (after GST)|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1||$11,970.00 ||$1,609.30 |
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40||$9,310.00||$4,269.30|
|Singapore Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders||$9,310.00||$4,269.30|
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders2||$11,970.00 ||$1,609.30 |
|Others (Full fees payable)||$0.00||$14,231.00 |
*As per SSG’s policy, the GST payable is calculated based on 7% of the baseline funding subsidy of 70%
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
2 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information of the scheme, click here. To view SP’s list of similar funded courses, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.