24 hours / 3 days
9am to 6pm (Tues to Thur)
Mode of Training:
Singapore Polytechnic - Fablab, T1443
This course introduces participants to 2D and 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD), 3D Printing and Laser Cutting. Participants will design their own CAD models or working prototypes and fabricate them using a 3D Printer and Laser Cutter.
Participants will learn digital fabrication technologies such as 3D Printing & Laser Cutting, how to use CAD Software to create 2D and 3D models, which they can fabricate as functional prototypes.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Perform 2D and 3D Computer Aided Designs using CAD Software
• Explain the principles of Additive and Subtractive Manufacturing
• Operate 3D Printers and customise jobs for 3D Printing
• Operate Laser Cutters and configure jobs for Laser Cutting & engraving
• Design and fabricate a functional prototype using 3D Printer and Laser Cutter
• Fablab Safety & Safety Assessment
• CAD (2D & 3D)
• 2D Digital Design & Laser Cutting
• 3D Digital Design & 3D Printing
• Hands-On Project
Technical Executives, Assistant Engineers
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic PC & English literacy, and numeracy qualifications.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs ||Singapore Citizens ||Others |
|Non-SME sponsored ||1Sponsored by SME ||2Aged 40 and above|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here.
Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required
details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.