24 hours / 3 days
9:00am to 6:00pm, Tuesday to Thursday
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F) and Practical Training
This course introduces participants to precision computer numerical control (CNC) machining. Participants will learn how to operate a CNC machine, types of machine tooling, calculate feeds & speeds for tooling & material and generate 2D and 3D toolpath from CAD models. Participants will use a CNC machine to fabricate 2D/3D parts from CAD models that they have designed.
This course covers both 2D and 3D CNC machining. Participants will be introduced to technology, types of stock, machine tooling, calculation of feeds & speeds and how to generate 2D and 3D toolpath from CAD models. Participants will use a large format & a precision CNC to fabricate 2D & 3D CAD models that they have designed.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Describe the CNC process and common terminology
• Understand & apply stock & tooling used in CNC
• Calculate and determine feed rates & speeds for different jobs
• Generate toolpaths from CAD models
• Operate CNC machines
• Fabricate parts from CAD models
• Fablab Safety & Safety Assessment
• Introduction to CNC process & terminology
• Feeds & speeds
• From CAD model to machine toolpath
• Hands-on project (2D)
• Hands-on project (3D)
Technical Executives, Assistant Engineers
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic PC & English literacy, and numeracy qualifications.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.