Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
Participants will have the opportunity to use sensors that is of industry grade for their work areas during their project, which is part of an assessment requirement in this course. On-site training may also be possible upon company’s request.
This course focuses on building up the skill to formulate and implement condition-based maintenance procedures to enhance organisation’s maintenance regimes and operational reliability for the purpose of rail asset’s lifecycle management.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Record readings and observation for anomaly
• Assist in the setup of condition-based monitoring equipment and/or mount sensors for continuous data collection
• Collect spot readings of data to identify potential errors due to equipment set-up and/or configuration errors
• Carry out established condition-based monitoring procedures during routine operations and/or maintenance of systems, equipment and components
• Collate reports and record data samples collected and highlight variances
Topics to be covered
Fundamentals of Condition Based Monitoring
Applications of Condition Based Monitoring
Condition based monitoring on assets in Rail System Simulator
Technicians, Assistant Engineers
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Participants should possess NITEC (National Institute of Technical Education Certificate) and above.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
||Total fees (incl. GST)
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40
|Singapore Permanent Residents
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents2
|Full Course Fee
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance
to offset respective course fees.1Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information of the scheme, click here. To view SP's list of similar funded courses, click
here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.2Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.