16 hours / 2 days
8:00am to 5:00pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
Participants will be able to use industry grade sensors for their work areas during their project, which is part of an assessment requirement for this course. On-site training may be possible upon company’s request.
This course focuses on building up the skills to apply and support condition-based maintenance procedures to enhance organisation maintenance regimes and operational reliability for the purpose of rail asset’s lifecycle management.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Describe the condition-based monitoring fundamentals and apply them on the maintenance of systems, equipment and components
• Apply and support condition-based monitoring activities at the workplace
• Collate reports and record data samples collected
• Conduct data analysis on data samples and highlight variances
Topics to be covered
1. Fundamentals of Condition Based Monitoring
(MCQ Assessment – 1 hour)
2. Applications of Condition Based Monitoring (Case Studies)
3. Condition based monitoring on assets in Rail System Simulator
Technician/Senior Technician/Assistant Engineer/Senior Assistant Engineer in these domains:
• Rolling Stock
• Engineering Train
• Permanent Way and Civil Structure
• Mechanical and Electrical
• Signal and Communications
• Automatic Fare Collection
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
NITEC and above.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Full Fees (before GST): $1,000.00
GST payable for all funding-eligible applicants*: $21.00
GST payable for others: $70.00
|Applicants/Eligibility||SkillsFuture Funding||Subsidised Fee (after GST)|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1||$900.00 ||$121.00 |
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40||$700.00||$321.00 |
|Singapore Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders||$700.00||$321.00 |
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders2||$900.00 ||$121.00 |
|Others (Full fees payable)||$0.00||$1,070.00 |
*As per SSG’s policy, the GST payable is calculated based on 7% of the baseline funding subsidy of 70%
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
2 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information of the scheme, click here. To view SP’s list of similar funded courses, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.