8:30am to 5:30pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
Digital Twin is an important element in digital transformation in the age of Industry 4.0. Participants will find out how having digital twin of physical machines impacts business costs, time to market and productivity. This course will take participants on a journey of digital twin creation. Through hands-on exercises, they will create their very own digital twin model and see it come to life. This digital twin does not only reside in the virtual world, it also communicates with sensors and controllers in the real world.
The course objective is to develop a deep understanding of the concept of digital twin, its creation process and its uses for participants. It empowers participants to further explore the creation of digital twin in their organisation, either as engineers, designers, or as decision makers planning for their company’s direction in adoption of emerging technologies. In particular, digital twin for mechatronics, automation equipment to support advanced manufacturing.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the concept of Digital Twin and list its benefits.
- Represent a simple physical automation system in a digital environment.
- Adapt 3DCAD designs into formats suitable for Digital Twin
- Simulate motion sequences in 3D model.
- Interface Digital Twin with real world controller.
Topics to be covered
1. Concept of Digital Twin (DT)
2. Representing physical systems in 3D
3. From 3D files to Digital Twin ready
4. Interfacing with real world controller
5. Practical applications of Digital Twin
(Electronics) – Technician / Equipment Engineer (Precision Engineering) - Automation Coordinator / Engineer / Senior Engineer / Product Engineer / Product Designer / Master Craftsman
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
• Possess at least a Diploma / Institute of Technical Education (ITE) Qualification, or participants with related working experience in the field of engineering.
• Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Full Fees (before GST): $730.00
GST payable for all funding-eligible applicants*: $15.33
GST payable for others: $51.10
|Applicants/Eligibility||SkillsFuture Funding||Subsidised Fee (after GST)|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1||$657.00||$88.33|
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40||$511.00||$234.33|
|Singapore Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders||$511.00||$234.33|
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders2||$657.00||$88.33|
|Others (Full fees payable)||$0.00||$781.10|
*As per SSG’s policy, the GST payable is calculated based on 7% of the baseline funding subsidy of 70%
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
2 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information of the scheme, click here. To view SP’s list of similar funded courses, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed. You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is a new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.