16 hours / 2 days
8:00am to 5:00pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
Participants will get to use industry standard software for their work areas during their assignment, which is part of an assessment requirement for this course. On-site training may be possible upon company’s request.
This course focuses on building up the skills to identify data sets for the application of statistical techniques to analyse and interpret large complex data. Participants will also learn to uncover trends or patterns in order to locate and define new process improvement opportunities in the context of a Rapid Transit environment.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Explain the Concepts of data and statistics
• Analyse data set using basic statistical techniques to identify trends and patterns
• Identify and select specific data from organisation’s department for further analysis (e.g. equipment test results, ridership, incidents, etc.) – SMRT will provide data for use.
Topics to be covered
1. Making sense of data and applying statistical techniques
2. Analyse data and evaluate the profile of tracks in Rail System Simulator
Technician/Senior Technician/Assistant Engineer/Senior Assistant Engineer in these domains:
• Rolling Stock
• Engineering Train
• Permanent Way and Civil Structure
• Mechanical and Electrical
• Signal and Communications
• Automatic Fare Collection
Rail Operation Manager/Station Operation Manager/Chief Controller
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Diploma and above. Prior or current work experience in the Land Transport Sector.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.