16 hours / 2 days
9:00am to 6:00pm
Data breaches are a common occurrence. Organisations carries a huge amount of personal, financial and other confidential data. A data breach can open up the organisation to loss of trust, financial penalties by governing bodies and even litigation by clients. It is now a requirement for every organisation to have a Data Protection Officer (DPO). This course will enable those appointed as DPOs to implement sound data governance systems to safeguard the privacy, confidentiality and integrity of their organisation’s data.
This course aims to enable participants, in particular the DPOs to develop and implement organisational level data governance strategy and structure to support decision-making process on data-related matters and enforce adherence to data policies, procedures, and practices within the organisation.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Develop a Data Governance strategy that supports both data protection and innovation
• Implement a governance structure for making decisions on data-related matters
• Define the roles and responsibilities as a DPO as described in the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA)
• Identify gaps (and possible threats) in the organisation’s data privacy requirements under the PDPA
• Determine the balance between the need to safeguard data and derive business value through the innovative use of data
• Identify the challenges in monitoring and ensuring compliance with data protection
Data Protection Officers, Compliance Officers, Internal Audit Executives and anyone who needs to be involved in PDPA compliance and data governance matters.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Any Diploma from a recognised institution and at least a C6 in GCE O Levels English Language
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
||Total fees (incl. GST)
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40
|Singapore Permanent Residents
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents2
|Full Course Fee
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance
to offset respective course fees.1Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information of the scheme, click here. To view SP's list of similar funded courses, click
here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.2Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.