16 hours / 2 days
9am - 6pm
Mode of Training:
Data breaches are a common occurrence. Organisations carries a huge amount of personal, financial and other confidential data. A data breach can open up the organisation to loss of trust, financial penalties by governing bodies and even litigation by clients. It is now a requirement for every organisation to have a Data Protection Officer (DPO). This course will enable those appointed as DPOs to implement sound data governance systems to safeguard the privacy, confidentiality and integrity of their organisation’s data.
This course aims to enable participants, in particular the DPOs to develop and implement organisational level data governance strategy and structure to support decision-making process on data-related matters and enforce adherence to data policies, procedures, and practices within the organisation.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Develop a Data Governance strategy that supports both data protection and innovation
• Implement a governance structure for making decisions on data-related matters
• Define the roles and responsibilities as a DPO as described in the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA)
• Identify gaps (and possible threats) in the organisation’s data privacy requirements under the PDPA
• Determine the balance between the need to safeguard data and derive business value through the innovative use of data
• Identify the challenges in monitoring and ensuring compliance with data protection
Data Protection Officers, Compliance Officers, Internal Audit Executives and anyone who needs to be involved in PDPA compliance and data governance matters.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Any Diploma from a recognised institution and at least a C6 in GCE O Levels English Language
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above||3Aged 35 and above, and earn ≤ $2,000 per month|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
3 Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.