16 hours / 2 days
9am - 6pm
Mode of Training:
By implementing Data Protection Audits, organisations are able to fully comply with the Personal Data Protection Act and improve data privacy compliance. Having a good Data Protection Audit management system allows organisations to increase the level of data protection awareness among the employees. Such measures helps to improve the overall customer satisfaction and enhance data security by reducing the likelihood of data mismanagement.
This course aims to provide Data Protection Officers with the training and means to review and audit the effectiveness of their organisations’ practices around data governance for privacy, confidentiality, and compliance as well as alignment with external expectations.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Identify elements and considerations in development of compliance and audit processes;
• Adapt an organisation’s audit programme to evolve with statutory and regulatory standards;
• Perform gap analysis for business operations and data protection requirements;
• Use the Data protection management programme (DPMP) and Data Protection Trustmark (DPTM) to guide the conduct / audit checks on the business functions;
• Describe the DPTM Certification Controls used for the assessment and the methodology to gather and evaluate information during the Assessment Phase and Certification Process.
Data Protection Officers, Compliance Officers, Internal Audit Managers and Executives.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Participants must have completed either WSQ Fundamentals of the Personal Data Protection Act or Practitioner Certificate in Personal Data Protection (Singapore) Preparatory Course.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above||3Aged 35 and above, and earn ≤ $2,000 per month|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
3 Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.