14 hours / 2 days
9am to 6pm
Mode of Training:
Singapore Polytechnic Media Lab
Python has gained much popularity among data scientists and professionals for its ease-of-use and excellent library support. The pandas and Seaborn libraries remain one of the essential tools in the data analyst’s repertoire. Through this course, participants will gain much valued skills in creating exciting and insightful visualizations crucial in understanding today’s data saturated world.
The course aims to introduce participants to the data analytic and visualization workflow. Pandas and Seaborn will be used to perform statistical and visual analysis of data and incorporated into a Jupyter notebook. The course will emphasize on the skills needed in processing and understanding big data through visual analysis, the importance of reproducible research and communication and collaboration within data analytics teams.
• Introduction to the pandas library
• Reading and cleaning data from online, databases and text file sources.
• Data manipulation and database related concepts
• Statistical analysis using aggregation functions in pandas.
• Introduction to the Seaborn library.
• Understanding various principles of visualization
• Mastering the library commands to create high level visualizations.
• Reporting with Jupyter notebooks.
Data Engineer, Data analyst, Business Intelligence manager
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic statistical knowledge
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above||3Aged 35 and above, and earn ≤ $2,000 per month|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
3 Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
* Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS
(Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment
can pay at:
Singapore PolytechnicPACE Academy
cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.