24 hours / 3 days
9:00am to 6:00pm (Wed, Thu and Fri)
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
Data Wrangling, Analysis and Visualisation are critical skills that are necessary in the handling the challenges in a variety of modern-day data-driven businesses.
In today's era of big data where the computer and network are everywhere and business process may be translated to data, data manipulation and visualisation skills are much needed to make insightful decisions.
Knowledge in data analysis and visualisation provide one with the necessary skills that form the basis for deeper quantitative reasoning needed for data and predictive analytics work.
Data may be in abundance; however, making it comprehensible and meaningful to stakeholders require a data driven skillsets.
This course enables the skills to turn raw datasets into interactive and dynamic visualisations and dashboards providing the platform to draw insights for decision making.
This course aims to equip participants with the skills to clean data, perform simple analysis and create useful and interactive visualizations and dashboards for presentation and recommendations to stakeholders.
Participants will learn how to achieve this using Excel and Tableau software.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Prepare, clean, format and manage data using Excel for analysis
• Summarize and represent data meaningfully using excel for further analysis and decision making
• Prepare and manipulate data for visualisation using Tableau
• Visualize data using Tableau basics
• Apply advanced visualisation using charting capabilities in Tableau
• Build Interactive Dashboards using Tableau
Topics to be covered
Part 1 Collecting and Managing Business Data
• Getting external data from various sources (CSV files, text files, database files, web data, etc.).
• Preparing and cleaning data using text manipulation (trimming spaces, extracting parts of the cell to create a new column, replacing values etc.)
• Extracting data with Essential Formulae/Functions.
• Formatting and conditional formatting.
• Tapping into real data from Internet for business analysis.
• Data format required for analysis
Part 2: Understanding your Data
Data Calculations and Management
• Using functions and formulae for calculations and data preparations.
• Exploring data using AutoFilter and Excel tables.
• Summarizing and analysing worksheet data using PivotTables
• Visualising summary report using PivotCharts
Decision making using What-If Analysis
• Using Goal Seek to find desired output.
• Building Data Tables for sensitivity analysis.
• Using Scenario Manager for reporting different scenarios.
Part 3: Prep your Data with Tableau Prep
Tableau Prep Introduction
• Tableau Prep Interface and Options
• Tableau Prep Cleaning Options
• Reading multiple sheets and files
• Data aggregation
• Workflow and joining files
• Pivot data with Tableau Prep
Part 4: Visualising your Data
• Visual Analytics Principles
• Intro to Tableau software
• Basic data import
• Basic chartsBasic sorting
• Basic filtering and paging
• Using ShowMe
• Basic Dashboarding
• Tableau Story Design
Advanced Tableau Charting
• Geographical maps
• Histograms, scatter plots, box plots
• Calculated fields
• Clustering using Tableau
• Sharing charts and dashboards
• Action filters
• KPIs and Parameter controls
• Groups and Sets
Data Analyst, Business and Quantitative Analysts
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic communication skills in the English language. Experience in working with data would be an advantage.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Full Fees (before GST): $650.00
GST payable for all funding-eligible applicants*: $13.65
GST payable for others: $45.50
|Applicants/Eligibility||SkillsFuture Funding||Subsidised Fee (after GST)|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1||$585.00 ||$78.65 |
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40||$ 455.00||$208.65 |
|Singapore Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders||$455.00||$208.65 |
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders2||$585.00 ||$78.65 |
|Others (Full fees payable)||$0.00||$695.50|
*As per SSG’s policy, the GST payable is calculated based on 7% of the baseline funding subsidy of 70%
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
2 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information of the scheme, click here. To view SP’s list of similar funded courses, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.