24 hours / 3 days
9:00am to 6:00pm, Tuesday to Thursday
Mode of Training:
How cool would it be to design & fabricate your own smart electronics devices? Participants in this course will learn to design and program embedded systems, interface sensors and displays on smart devices, as well as design & fabricate their own custom printed circuit boards.
This course equips participants with the ability to design electronic circuitry and programming of embedded systems, interface sensors and displays on smart devices, as well as design & fabricate their own custom printed circuit boards.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Identify basic electronics components & their operation
• Interpret product datasheets and identify key specifications of the product
• Demonstrate how to design a basic embedded system containing input & output devices
• Program embedded system to interact with sensors & display devices to accomplish set task(s)
• Use EDA (Electronic design automation) software to perform schematic capture & board layout
• Fabricate & test custom PCB (Printed circuit board) that they have designed
• Fablab Safety & Safety Assessment
• Understanding electronics devices
• Embedded devices & programming
• Interfacing to sensors
• Interfacing to displays & actuators
• Electronics design & production
• Hands-on project
Technical Executives / Assistant Engineers
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic PC & English literacy, and numeracy qualifications.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.