8:30am to 5:30pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
The course aims to equip participants with the knowledge and skills on the impact of systemic faults in rapid transit or automotive systems and the tools and methodologies used to analyse identified systemic faults related to railway systems.
This course equips participants with essential knowledge and skills in problem-solving tools and methodology. Participants can apply their skills to diagnose root cause from identified faults in railway or automotive systems, collate the data or information and translate them into report or presentation.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Explain the impact of system faults in rapid transit or automotive systems
2. Identify the types of diagnostic methodologies and tools used in the railway industry
3. Apply the diagnostic methodologies and tools in case studies
4. Apply problem-solving tools to diagnose faults in engineering systems in railway industry.
Topics to be covered
1. Impact of system faults in rapid transit or automotive systems
2. Purpose of problem-solving tools and methodologies for engineering systems
3. Types of diagnostic methods (RCA, 7 tools, FMECA)
4. Application of diagnostic methodologies and tools in case studies in the railway industry
Assistant Engineers (Power)/Engineers (Power)/Assistant Engineers (Signal and Communication)/Engineers (Signal and Communication)/Assistant Engineers (Mechanical and Electrical)/Engineers (Mechanical and Electrical)/Assistant Engineers (Automatic Fare Collection)/Engineers (Automatic Fare Collection)/Assistant Engineers (Rolling Stock)/Engineers (Rolling Stock)
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Diploma and above
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed. You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is a new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.