07 Nov to 9 Nov 2022
10 Aug to 10 Oct 2022
8:30am to 5:30pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F) and Practical Training
This course would equip participants with essential knowledge of integrated circuit (IC) testing and developing test program for digital IC testing on a System on Chip (SoC) tester integrated with handler widely used in Integrated Device Manufacturing (IDMs) and foundries.
This course covers participants with the essential knowledge and skills in digital integrated circuit testing. Participants would be introduce to the various types of IC technologies, packaging and fundamentals of integrated circuit (IC) test methodologies. Participants would understand the various aspects of IC test such as Direct Current (DC), Alternating Current (AC) parametric and functional tests and developing a test program for digital testing on a System on Chip (SoC) tester integrated with a handler widely used in the Integrated Device Manufacturing (IDMs) and foundries
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Describe the Integrated Circuit (IC) manufacturing cycle
2. Interpret the different types of IC technologies and packaging
3. Explain the application of automatic test system in Wafer Test, QA Test, Reliability Test, Burn-in and Characterization Test.
4. Explain the different IC test methodologies; DC, AC and functional tests
5. Describe the architecture of a SoC tester
6. Develop test program for a digital IC to perform DC, AC and functional test.
7. Test and debug on an industrial SoC tester with handler
Topics to be covered
1. Overview of IC manufacturing cycle and IC testing.
Different types of IC technologies and IC packaging.
Application of Automatic Test System in the following areas: wafer test, final test, QA test, reliability test, burn-in and characterization test.
Outline the evolution of ATS and its future trends.
2. General concepts of digital test methodologies:
DC test, AC test and Functional test.
Need of temperature testing.
Overview of IC datasheet.
3. Architecture of a SoC Test System
Introduction to pattern generator, timing, source & measurement unit and waveform in a test system.
4. Develop test program for digital IC to perform DC, AC and functional test on a SoC tester.
Testing and debugging on a SoC tester.
5. Overview and Demonstration of test cell process.
All engineering technical or personnel targeted to Electronics Skills framework; Test Associate Engineer / Product Associate Engineer / Associate Quality Engineer / Equipment Associate Engineer
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
ITE qualifications and above.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the examination and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Full Fees (before GST): $810.00
GST payable for all funding-eligible applicants*: $17.01
GST payable for others: $56.70
|Applicants/Eligibility||SkillsFuture Funding||Subsidised Fee (after GST)|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above1||$729.00||$98.01|
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40||$567.00||$260.01|
|Singapore Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders||$567.00||$260.01|
|SME-sponsored Singapore Citizens, Permanent Residents and LTVP+ Holders2||$729.00||$98.01|
|Others (Full fees payable)||$0.00||$866.70|
*As per SSG’s policy, the GST payable is calculated based on 7% of the baseline funding subsidy of 70%
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
2 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information of the scheme, click here. To view SP’s list of similar funded courses, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed. You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is a new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.