15 hours / 2 day
Mode of Training:
Participants will leverage modern 3D Computer-Aided Design (CAD) technology including Synchronous Technology to develop complex products faster with less revisions.
The course will also cover the following:
1) Use generative design with topology optimisation to lighter, yet stronger products.2) 3D Scanning and Reverse Design - participants will use mesh geometry from 3D scanning techniques to reverse engineer physical parts and turn them into the perfect digital twin. They will learn to utilise scanned mesh data in the design workflow by leveraging Convergent modelling technology.
3) Additive Manufacturing - participants will learn about various forms of modern manufacturing techniques like 3D Printing & Computer Numerical Control (CNC) manufacturing.
4) Digital Validation - participants will carry out digital validation using scalable structure and thermal simulation tools. It will also cover Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) tools for flow and heat transfer studies.
5) Electrical CAD and integration with mechanical CAD --participants will use wiring schematic tools to create and simulate wiring circuits. It will also cover the 2D harness drawings and the integration of electrical and mechanical CAD.
This course provides participants with skills and knowledge needed to work on Mechanical and Electrical CAD, Design Validation and Prototyping, using a series of digitalisation tools from Solid Edge to accelerate the design process, and manage digital data for manufacturing.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Utilise CAD systems to create precise drawings for development, with the assistance of Synchronous Technology
• Apply topology optimisation and generative design
• Use 3D modelling software to create basic three-dimensional models
• Analyse 3D models and conduct scenario visualisation to validate designs
• Perform Engineering Simulation for Design Verification
• Apply reverse engineering techniques using digital scanning and additive manufacturing
• Produce electrical circuits using schematics tools with simulation
• Apply solutions to integrate Mechanical CAD and Electrical CAD
• Prepare visual presentations to communicate design outcomes to target audiences. Create dynamic technical publications
• Apply modern data management techniques to find data faster, visualise the impact of change, control revisions and signoff workflows
Participants involved in Precision Engineering, Product Development, Design, Engineering Services and Built Environment. This course is targeted at Engineers or Designers who will be using CAD in their course of work.
Minimum Entry Requirement / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Some experience with CAD software, or has attended the foundation course - “Digitalisation of Product Development – Foundation”.
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above||3Aged 35 and above, and earn ≤ $2,000 per month|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME” together with your online application.
2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
3 Under the Workfare Training Support (WTS) scheme. For more information on the scheme, click here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required
details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.