07 - 08 December 2020
16 Nov 2020 - 25 Nov 2020
15 hours / 2 days
8:30am - 5pm
Mode of Training:
Participants will be introduced to Digitalisation in the area of Product Design and Development and its impact on manufacturing and businesses. Industry examples and best practices will be shared in the course.
Participants will also be introduced to Synchronous Technology and techniques which are suited for immediate manufacture via today’s additive processes.
The course will cover topics such as simulation techniques, how to overcome electromechanical challenges by integration of mechanical and electrical design, Reverse Engineering and Additive Manufacturing, 3D Scanning and editing, producing parts using 3D printing, dynamic technical publications, scalable data management and Cloud Based Collaboration.
Participants get the chance to learn how to quickly create 3D technical publications for products, take control of data with scalable data management tools, and leverage the cloud for online Computer-Aided Design (CAD) management.
This course provides participants with an appreciation of trends in digital transformation in product design and development, and how digitalisation can transform businesses and workplaces. Participants will learn about advanced Product Design, Development, and Management tools, through the use of Solid Edge (Solid Edge is a 3D CAD software). It allows users to create 3D models, run simulations, integrate mechanical and electrical CAD, etc. It also has data management tools to allow information to be share and controlled for multiple users working on product development and manufacturing.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Summarise trends in digital transformation in product design and development
• Sketch in CAD software environment with Synchronous Technology
• Describe the various concepts used in mechanical design including topology optimisation and generative design
• Use 3D modelling software to create basic three-dimensional models
• Apply reverse engineering techniques using digital scanning and additive manufacturing
• Relate the advantages of having an integrated electrical design
• State the need and list the tools to perform engineering simulation for design verification and validation
• Create dynamic technical publications to communicate design outcomes
• Recognise and list the advantages of adopting scalable data management and cloud based collaboration
Precision Engineering, Product Development, Design, Engineering Services, Built Environment.
Minimum Entry Requirement / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic PC skills. This course is targeted at business owners and managers, or anyone who is interested in the Digitalisation of product development and CAD.
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required
details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.