8 hours / 1 day
9:00am to 6:00pm
Mode of Training:
Facilitated Learning (F2F)
Effective negotiation helps to resolve situations where what we want conflicts with what someone else wants. The aim of win-win negotiation is to find a solution that is acceptable to both parties, and leaves both parties feeling that they've won, in
some way, after the event.
• Why we negotiate?
• Difference between Trader or Negotiator
• The difference between bartering and negotiating
• 7 basic steps before you negotiate:
• What to avoid when negotiating
What are currency of negotiations
• Why negotiations impact relationships?
• What is Conflict Resolution
2. Strategies & Tips:
• Negotiating Strategies
• Basic negotiating tips
• Negotiating Tips to Uncover Hidden Agendas
• Knowing Your Bottom Line
• The Art of Persuasion
• 10 Persuasion Techniques
• Learn to communicate effectively
• When to accept an offer
• When to Use Power
• Essential elements in personal negotiating
3. Negotiation on Special Occasions :
• Negotiating with a Stranger
• How to Negotiate Discounts for Paying Early
• How to Negotiate a Salary
• When to Negotiate a Raise
• How to Negotiate a Severance
• How to Make Up After a Fight
• Being Right Isn't Winning
• How to negotiate a Divorce Settlement Agreement
The course is designed for anyone whose work involves or interested in negotiation or persuasion regardless of whether they are from the public sector, private sector, voluntary groups or the general public.
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
Michael Giam is an international business professional with more than 2 decades of senior management experience working in highly complex and cross-cultural business environments. By focusing on business and market fundamentals
as well as human capital development, Michael assisted companies to establish clear and achievable strategic business goals.
Michael has worked for several MNCs including CWT Distribution Limited (Singapore), International Data Corporation (USA), the Millennium & Copthorne International Hotels Group (Singapore), Marriott International (in China) and Melco
China Resorts (Holding) Limited.
More about the trainer
Eligible for SkillsFuture CreditTerms and Conditions*Please note that once the maximum class size is reached, the online registration will be closed.
You may register your interest, and would be notified if there is new run.
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
c) For payment via PayNow, please enter the UEN No. T08GB0056ACET and indicate the invoice/registration number.
*With effect from 1 August 2021, cheque payment will not be available.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.