Date of course:
10am to 5pm
Course participants will learn a range of writing skills to apply in different kinds of reports while tailoring the message to the needs of their audience.
- Identify the needs of different audiences according to purpose, audience and context of a variety of reports: technical, progress, sales and marketing, human resources, etc.
- Plan, organize and present information in the form of text, data and visuals in well-structured formats for different reports.
- Apply the skills of presenting relevant information to write effectively.
- Eliminate redundancies in content and refine language choices to present information concisely.
- Understand and apply grammar editing skills to eliminate common errors.
- Apply proofreading skills to edit the entire report for a professional finish.
Managers, Executives, Support Staff and Corporate Employees
Minimum Entry Requirements
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
Ms. Shirley Tham is adept at facilitating learning in a variety of written and spoken communication skills, combining her knowledge from her Masters in Applied Linguistics and her understanding of the learning process. As a trainer interested in helping others realise their potential to grow, she has attained a Postgraduate Diploma in Education and an Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA), and is currently pursuing a Specialist Diploma in Career Counselling.
To Shirley, a key component in learning is to make meaningful connections to practical situations in the workplace. Shirley is an active Toastmaster and volunteer, and loves to help people find out what makes them tick.
$535 (Inclusive GST)
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
*Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.