8 hours / 1 day
9am to 6pm
Mode of Training:
Participants would get a chance to have hands on experience on charging an actual electric car with both Alternating Current (AC) and Direct Current (DC) charger.
This course will equip the participants with essential knowledge of Electric Vehicle (EV), types of EV and EV charging. They would be able to differentiate the various types of vehicles and know the benefits of driving an EV. The common myths of EV charging would be demystified with facts.
By the end of the Course, participants will be able to:
• Describe the benefits of EV over the conventional Internal Combustion Engines (ICE) vehicles
• Explain the advantages of EV over that of the conventional ICE vehicles in terms of their performances, battery power and maintenance
• Describe the process of charging an EV battery to its optimal performance
• Compare and contrast the differences between the AC and DC charging methods for an EV
Topic to be covered,
1. What is Electric Vehicle (EV)
2. Situation of EV in Singapore
3. Difference between EV and Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) vehicle
4. Batteries for EV
5. How do EV charge
6. Difference between AC and DC EV Charging
7. Facts of EV charging, and breaking the myths of charging
8. Practical/Hand on Session
Private Hired Drivers/Taxi Drivers/Assistant Sales Engineer/Automotive Workshop Supervisor
Minimum Entry Requirements / Assumed Skills and Knowledge
Basic electrical knowledge and proficient in English
Award / Certification / Accreditation
• Certificate of Attendance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to participants who meet at least 75% attendance rate
• Certificate of Performance (electronic Certificate will be issued)
A Certificate of Performance will be awarded to participants who pass the assessment and meet at least 75% attendance rate
Course Fees payable:
|Singapore Citizens aged below 40 and Singapore PRs||Singapore Citizens||Others|
|Non-SME sponsored||1Sponsored by SME||2Aged 40 and above|
Singaporeans aged 25 years and above may use **SkillsFuture Credit balance to offset respective course fees.
1 Under the Enhanced Training Support for Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) Scheme. For more information, click here. Please submit the attached “Declaration Form for Enhanced Training Support Scheme for SME ” together with your online application.
2 Under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. For more information, visit the SkillsFuture website here.
Please click here for more information on funding incentives.
Registration may be closed once seats are filled up
1. All applications must be made via Online Registration at www.pace.sp.edu.sg
Course fees can be paid by the following payment modes:
a) Credit Cards, Internet Banking, NETS (Not Applicable for company sponsored)
For e-payment using Visa/Master cards and Internet Banking, please click on the ‘Make e-Payment’ button on the acknowledgement page to proceed.
b) For NETS payment, you can pay at:
Please make cheques payable to “Singapore Polytechnic”. Do cross the cheque and write the Registration Reference ID, Applicant Name and NRIC/FIN number at the back of the cheque. When you have completed required
details, you may mail the cheque here.
Please note that an administrative charge of $15 will be imposed for any returned cheques from the bank or financial institution.
2. All successful applicants will be notified with a letter of confirmation via email.